fevereiro 2014 vol. 1 num. 1 - 8th Conference of the International Committee for Design History & Design Studies
Full Article - Open Access.
Art criticism and the semantic construction of the concept of Design
Art critics contributed significantly to the development of a semantic understanding of the concept of design in the local history of industrial modernization during the 1950s and 1960s in the Socialist Federative republic of Yugoslavia. The needs of growing urban areas and rapid developing industrial production of material goods were seen as a principal social task. Along with public efforts by architects and artists, art critics were among the key promoters of the public need for industrial design. The contradiction of promoting mass consumption to the egalitarian ambition of the ruling party ideology was rarely seen as an issue in the focus of art criticism as applied to everyday objects.
Palavras-chave: Art criticism, Design, Culture, Industrial modernization, Local history,
-  Barr, A. J., Jr., Johnson P, Machine Art 1934, introduction to catalogue of exhibition Machine art, Museum of Modern Art, New York, published in parts as Machine Art, in: The Industrial Design Reader, edited by Carma Gorman, Design Management Institute and Allworth Press, Allworth Press, p.132-135.
-  de Noblet, J. 1993, Design in Progress, in: de Noblet, Jocelyn (ed.), Industrial Design: Reflection of a Century, Flammarion/APCI.
-  Ivancevic, R.1959a, Osnovna pravila industrijskog oblikovanja (Fundaments of Industrial Design), 15 dana 6 (19), Zagreb
-  Ivancevic, R. 1959b, Oblik i svrha (Form and Use), 15 dana 8(21), Zagreb, pp. 13-15.
-  Ivancevic, R. 1959c, Postivanje materijala, materijal i oblik (Respect for Material and Form), 15 dana 9(22), Zagreb, pp. 12-14.
-  Kauzlaric, Z. 1959, O nazivima i shvacanjima na podru?ju industrijskog oblikovanja (Terms and Concepts in the Field of Industrial Design), 15 dana 11(1), Zagreb, pp.19-20
-  Kolesnik, L. 1998, Radoslav Putar – kriticar i kronicar (1950-1960) (Radoslav Putar: Critic and Chronicler) in: Kolesnik, L. (ed.), Radoslav Putar: Likovne kritike, studije, zapisi 1950-1960, Institut za povijest umjetnosti i Hrvatska sekcija AICA.
-  Marohnic, Z. 1960, Suvremeno stanovanje (Contemporary Housing). This book is a collection of re-edited articles that Marohnic published in the journal Covjek i prostor over the course of fifty years
-  Mutnjakovic, A. 1966, Kultura stanovanja (The Culture of Housing), Radnicko narodno sveuciliste, Zagreb, This book is a collection of articles originally published in 15 dana from 1959 to 1961.
-  Putar, R. 1959a, Rijecki salon u krizi (Rijeka Salon in Crisis), Knjizevna tribina 8, Zagreb 19August 1959, p. 1. Also published in Kolesnik, L. (ed.), Radoslav Putar: kriticar i kronicar., pp. 340-348.
-  Putar, R. 1957, Elementi funkcionalnog na XI Triennalu u Milanu (Elements of the Functional at the XIth Trienalle di Milano), Arhitektura nos.1-6,
-  Putar, R. 1959b, Likovna kritika materijalne proizvodnje (Art Criticism of Material Production), Na?e teme, II(4),
-  Read, H. 1934, Art and Industry: The Principles of Industrial Design, London, Faber and Faber ltd.
-  Vukic, F. 2008, Modernizam u praksi/Modernism in Practice, Zagreb, Meandar
-  Vukic, F. 2011, Social Activism in Housing, Self-Management and Design, http://www.historiadeldisseny.org/congres/
VUKIC, Fedja; "Art criticism and the semantic construction of the concept of Design", p. 493-496 . In: Farias, Priscila Lena; Calvera, Anna; Braga, Marcos da Costa & Schincariol, Zuleica (Eds.). Design frontiers: territories, concepts, technologies [=ICDHS 2012 - 8th Conference of the International Committee for Design History & Design Studies]. São Paulo: Blucher, 2012.
São Paulo: Blucher,
ISSN 2318-6968, ISBN: 978-85-212-0692-7
últimos 30 dias | último ano | desde a publicação