Maio 2014 vol. 1 num. 1 - 10th World Congress on Computational Mechanics
Full Article - Open Access.
AN CHARACTERIZATION OF JACKET-TYPE OFFSHORE STRUCTURE BY OPERATIONAL MODAL ANALYSIS
Identification of dynamic structural characteristics in engineering by means of their responses to measured vibration is an important step for the correct characterization and monitoring of real structures. This article presents the results of a dynamic load test performed on the PG oil platform, located at Talara, Peru. The work included measurements of vibration in twelve positions on the platform, located on the floors of the structure. As excitation source, it was mainly due to wind action and wave motion, and thus the measurements were made without interruption of the structure operation. The collected data were analyzed using non-parametric technique of digital signal processing, which provided the main dynamic parameters of the structure. From there, we proceeded to the elaboration of a numerical model of the structure, based on the Finite Element Method, which represents accurately its structural behavior.
Palavras-chave: Operational modal analysis, Dynamic load test, Structural characterization, Structural vibration, Offshore structure.,
-  N. Maia, J.M. Silva, J. He, N. Lieven, N. Lin, R. Lin, G. Skingle, W.M. To, A. Urgueira, “Theoretical and Experimental Modal Analysis“, Research Studies Press, London, England. , 1998
-  J. He, Z. Fu, “Modal analysis“, Butterworth-Heinemann, Oxford, England, 2001.
-  J. Rodrigues, “Stochastic Modal Identification – Methods and Applications in Civil Engineering Structures“, Ph.D. Thesis, Univ. of Porto, Portugal, 2004.
-  R. Crawford, H. S. Ward, “Determination of the Natural Period of Buildings“, Bulletin of the Seismological Society of America, Vol. 54, No. 6, pp. 1743-1756, 196
-  M. D. Trifunac, “Comparison Between Ambient and Forced Vibration Experiments“, Earthquake Engineering and Structural Dynamics, Vol. 1, pp. 133-150, 1972.
-  D. F. Giraldo, W. Song, S. J. Dyke, J. M. Caicedo, “Modal Identification through Ambient Vibration: Comparative Study“, Journal of Engineering Mechanics, Vol. 135, No. 8, pp. 759-770, 2009.
-  R. Brincker, C. Ventura, P. Andersen, P., “Damping Estimation by Frequency Domain Decomposition“, Proc. 19th Int. Modal Analysis Conference, San Antonio, USA, 2001.
-  S. R. Ibrahim, E. C. Mikulcik, “A Method for the Direct Identification of Vibration Parameters from the Free Response“, The Shock and Vibration Bulletin, Vol. 47, No. 4, pp. 183-198, 1977.
-  D. L. Brown, R. J. Allemang, R. Zimmerman, M. Mergeay, “Parameter Estimation Techniques for Modal Analysis“, SAE Technical Paper Series, No. 790221, 197
-  B. Peeters, “System Identification and Damage Detection in Civil Engineering“, Ph.D. Thesis, K. U. Leuven, Belgium, 2000.
-  M. I. Ribeiro, “Análise de Sistemas Lineares“, IST Press, Portugal, 2002.
-  O.C. Zienkiewicz, R.L. Taylor, 1989, “The Finite Element Method“, Vol. 1-2, Mc- Graw-Hill.
-  T.J.R. Hughes, “The Finite Element Method, Linear Static And Dynamic Finite El ment Analysis“, 2 ed. New Jersey, Prentice
-  P. Andersen, “Identification of Civil Engineering Structures using Vector ARMA Mo els“, PhD Thesis, Department of Building Technology and S versity of Aalborg, Denmark, 1997.
-  EN 1998-1, “Eurocode 8: Design of structures for earthquake resistance Part 1: General rules, seismic actions and rules for buildings'', 2013
Ortigão, A.; Martins, C. J.; "AN CHARACTERIZATION OF JACKET-TYPE OFFSHORE STRUCTURE BY OPERATIONAL MODAL ANALYSIS", p. 3913-3926 . In: In Proceedings of the 10th World Congress on Computational Mechanics [= Blucher Mechanical Engineering Proceedings, v. 1, n. 1].
São Paulo: Blucher,
ISSN 2358-0828, DOI 10.5151/meceng-wccm2012-19640
últimos 30 dias | último ano | desde a publicação