Maio 2014 vol. 1 num. 1 - 10th World Congress on Computational Mechanics
Full Article - Open Access.
AN ANALYSIS OF THE CONTACT BETWEEN THE STENT AND THE ARTERY USING TUBE HIDROFORMING SIMULATION
Stents for angioplasty have been extensively used in the treatment of the coronary diseases. After the angioplasty the expanded stent in contact with the arterial wall should avoid restenosis or re-closure of the artery. On the other hand, the contact stress between the stent and the artery may cause hyperplasia and restenosis due to the vascular injury. Therefore, the objective of this work is to study the expansion of the stent and the contact with the artery using the tube hidroforming simulation. In the simulation, it will be studied the contact stress and the final shape of the artery caused by the stent expansion process using the Stampack software, an explicit finite elements code. In this work, it was used a geometrical model of a commercial stent made of 316 L stainless steel. The stent material was modeled by using an elastic-plastic constitutive law with isotropic hardening. The artery was modeled as a cylinder and its material is hyperelastic. The results showed that the methodology has proposed in this work may be used for checking if the stent model implanted in the artery may cause restenosis after the angioplasty.
Palavras-chave: Angioplasty, Explicit finite elements method, Tube hidroforming, Stents.,
-  Lally C., Kelly D. J., Prendergast P. J., “Stents”. Wiley Encyclopedia of Biomedical Engineering. 1-10, 2006.
-  Lally C., Dolan F., Prendergast P. J., “Cardiovascular Stent Design and Vessel Stresses: a Finite Elements Analysis”. Journal of Biomechanics. 38, 1574-1581, 2005.
-  Liang D. K., Yang D. Z., Qi M., Wang W. Q., “Finite Elements Analysis of the Implantation of a Balloon-Expanded Stent in a Stenosed Artery”. International Journal of Cardiology. 104, 314-318, 2005.
-  Stampack User Guide. “Sheet Forming and Stamping Analysis – Basic Concepts”. Quantech ATZ. 2002.
-  Batalha G. F., Abrantes J. P., Szabo-Ponce A., “Experimental and Numerical Simulation of Tube Hidroforming”. Journal of Material Technology Processing. 164-165, 1140-1147, 200
-  Murphy G., “Similitude in Engineering”. Ed. Ronald Press Company, 1950.
-  Onate E., Zarate F., Flores F., “A Simple Triangular Element for Thick and Thin Plate and Shell Analysis”. International Journal of Numerical Methods in Engineering. 37, 2569- 2582, 1994.
-  Chua S. N. D., MacDonald B. J., Hashimi M. S. J., “Finite Elements Simulation of Stent and Balloon Interaction”. Journal of Material Technology Processing. 143-144, 591-597, 2003.
-  De Beule M., Mortier P., Carlier G., Verhegghe B., VanInpe R., Verdonck P., “Realistic Finite Elements-Based Stent Design: The Impact of Balloon Folding”. Journal of Biomechanics. 41, 383-389, 2008.
-  Kumar R. K., Balakrishnan K. R., “Influence of Lumen Shape and Vessel Geometry on Plaque Stresses: Possible Role in the Increased Vulnerability of a Remodelled Vessel and the “Shoulder” of a Plaque”. Heart. 91, 1459-1465, 2005.
Araújo, R.; Oliveira, S. A. G.; Guimarães, T. A.; "AN ANALYSIS OF THE CONTACT BETWEEN THE STENT AND THE ARTERY USING TUBE HIDROFORMING SIMULATION", p. 515-525 . In: In Proceedings of the 10th World Congress on Computational Mechanics [= Blucher Mechanical Engineering Proceedings, v. 1, n. 1].
São Paulo: Blucher,
ISSN 2358-0828, DOI 10.5151/meceng-wccm2012-16825
últimos 30 dias | último ano | desde a publicação