fevereiro 2015 vol. 1 num. 2 - XX Congresso Brasileiro de Engenharia Química
Artigo - Open Access.
AEROBIC BIODEGRADABILITY ASSESSMENT OF PHARMACEUTICAL WASTEWATER FROM INDUSTRIAL PRODUCTION OF ANTIBIOTICS
Antibiotics are considered emerging environmental issues and the presence of its traces in the environment can induce the development of resistant pathogens and promote allergies. Biological treatment is the most widely used method for industrial wastewater treatment, but it has been proved inefficient for the removal of all hazardous constituents of pharmaceutical products. In this context, the aim of this study is to evaluate the potential of aerobic biodegradation of organic matter present in real antibiotics production effluent using the method proposed by Zahn - Wellens. The organic matter degradation was monitored through periodic analysis of total organic carbon (TOC). After 28 days, the reactor achieved more than 80% of TOC removal, characterizing the wastewater as biodegradable, according to the used methodology.
-  BALLESTEROS MARTÍN, M. M. et al. A comparative study of different tests for biodegradability enhancement determination during AOP treatment of recalcitrant toxic aqueous solutions. Ecotoxicology and Environmental Safety, v. 73, n. 6, p. 1189-1195, 2010.
-  DEEGAN, A. M. S., B.; NOLAN, K.; URELL, K.; OELGEMÖLLER, M.; TOBIN, J.; MORRISSEY, A. Treatment options for wastewater effluent from pharmaceutical companies. Int. J. Environ. Sci. Tech., v. 8, n. 3, p. 649-666, 2011.
-  Área temática: Engenharia Ambiental e Tecnologias Limpas 7KIM, H. Y. et al. Reduction of toxicity of antimicrobial compounds by degradation processes using activated sludge, gamma radiation, and UV. Chemosphere, v. 93, n. 10, p. 2480-2487, 201
-  MASCOLO, G. et al. Biodegradability of pharmaceutical industrial wastewater and formation of recalcitrant organic compounds during aerobic biological treatment. Bioresource Technology, v. 101, n. 8, p. 2585-2591, 2010.
-  MIRALLES-CUEVAS, S. et al. Combined nanofiltration and photo-Fenton treatment of water containing micropollutants. Chemical Engineering Journal, v. 224, n. 0, p. 89-95, 2013.
-  MONTEAGUDO, J. M. et al. Optimization of pharmaceutical wastewater treatment by solar/ferrioxalate photo-catalysis. Journal of Environmental Management, v. 128, n. 0, p. 210-219, 2013.
-  OECD. Test No. 302B: Inherent Biodegradability: Zahn-Wellens/ EVPA Test. OECD Publishing, 1992.
-  PAGGA, U. Testing biodegradability with standardized methods. Chemosphere, v. 35, n. 12, p. 2953-2972, 1997.
-  PÉREZ-MOYA, M. et al. Characterization of the degradation performance of the sulfamethazine antibiotic by photo-Fenton process. Water Research, v. 44, n. 8, p. 2533-2540, 2010.
-  STOLTE, S. et al. Ionic liquids as lubricants or lubrication additives: An ecotoxicity and biodegradability assessment. Chemosphere, v. 89, n. 9, p. 1135-1141, 2012.
-  TRAUTWEIN, C.; KÜMMERER, K.eMETZGER, J. W. Aerobic biodegradability of the calcium channel antagonist verapamil and identification of a microbial dead-end transformation product studied by LC–MS/MS. Chemosphere, v. 72, n. 3, p. 442-450, 2008.
MARCELINO, R. B. P.; EMRICH, A. L.; GONÇALVES, L.; AMORIM, C. C. de; LEÃO, M. M. D.; LOPES, R. P.; "AEROBIC BIODEGRADABILITY ASSESSMENT OF PHARMACEUTICAL WASTEWATER FROM INDUSTRIAL PRODUCTION OF ANTIBIOTICS", p. 9376-9383 . In: Anais do XX Congresso Brasileiro de Engenharia Química - COBEQ 2014 [= Blucher Chemical Engineering Proceedings, v.1, n.2].
São Paulo: Blucher,
ISSN 2359-1757, DOI 10.5151/chemeng-cobeq2014-1877-17072-149438
últimos 30 dias | último ano | desde a publicação