fevereiro 2015 vol. 1 num. 2 - XX Congresso Brasileiro de Engenharia Química
Artigo - Open Access.
A STUDY OF PARTICLE FLOW AND DEPOSITION IN FILTER MEDIA USING CFD
Recently, nanoparticles have been largely employed in intelligent materials and human health. This creates a need for industrial nanoparticle filtration. In this preliminary study the air flow and particle deposition in a two-dimensional model filter media was studied. A statistical model was used to determine the location of the fibers and the commercial packages ANSYS Fluent® were used for the simulations. The conditions of no slip and free slip at the fiber surfaces were tested, showing a pressure drop of 64 Pa for the first and 43 Pa for second case, respectively. The results showed that the second situation agreed better with experimental data (42 Pa). Thereby, this condition was used to obtain the deposition of 0.5 µm particles, in which Eulerian-Lagrangian approach was used to represent the fluid and dispersed phases, respectively. It was observed a 45% particle deposition efficiency.
-  DAVIES, C. N. Definitive equations of the fluid resistance of spheres. The Proceedings of the Physical Society, v. 57, n. 4, p. 259-270, 1945.
-  MORSI, S. A.; ALEXANDER, A. J. An investigation of particle trajectories in two-phase flow systems. Journal of Fluid Mechanics, v. 55, n. 2, p. 193-208, 197
-  TRONVILLE, P. CFD analysis of flow patterns and resistance of air filter media having random fibers diameters. Proceedings of American Filtration Society 19th Annual Conference, Session 3 -Track 3, Richfield, MN, 2006.
-  ZHOU, B.; TRONVILLE, P.; RIVERS, R. Generation of 2-dimensional models for CFD Simulation of Fibrous Filter Media with Binder. Fibers and Polymers, v .10, n. 4, p. 526-538, 2009.
-  ZHOU, B.; TRONVILLE, P.; RIVERS, R. Realistic air filter media performance simulation. Part II: Beyond finite-volume computational fluid dynamics procedures. HVACAndamp;R Research, v. 19, n. 5, p. 503-512, 2013.
AUGUSTO, L. L. X.; JUSTI, G. H.; SILVA, C. C. C.; LOPES, G. C.; TRONVILLE, P.; GONÇALVES, J. A. S.; "A STUDY OF PARTICLE FLOW AND DEPOSITION IN FILTER MEDIA USING CFD", p. 5475-5481 . In: Anais do XX Congresso Brasileiro de Engenharia Química - COBEQ 2014 [= Blucher Chemical Engineering Proceedings, v.1, n.2].
São Paulo: Blucher,
ISSN 2359-1757, DOI 10.5151/chemeng-cobeq2014-0638-24638-171434
últimos 30 dias | último ano | desde a publicação