Maio 2014 vol. 1 num. 1 - 10th World Congress on Computational Mechanics
Full Article - Open Access.
A SIMPLIFIED FORMULATION FOR STRESS AND TRACTION BOUNDARY IN-TEGRAL EQUATIONS USING THE TANGENTIAL DIFFERENTIAL OPERATOR FOR PLATE BENDING INCLUDING THE SHEAR DEFORMATION EFFECT
The existence of strong singularities in the fundamental solution kernels of BIEs for stresses at boundary points and for traction forces requires additional care in numerical im-plementations with respect to that employed for the displacement BIE. The use of the tangen-tial differential operator (TDO) in conjunction with the integration by parts is one way to reduce the order of strong singularities in these fundamental solution kernels. Stress and trac-tion BIEs using the TDO for plate bending models including the shear deformation effect are studied in this work. A Kelvin-type fundamental solution is the main requirement for applying the TDO in conjunction with integration by parts to reduce the singularities. The TDO and integration by parts were applied to all fundamental solution kernels involving the multiplica-tion of generalized displacements in traction BIEs to reduce the singularities, and the result-ing kernels were combinations of those from the displacement BIE, i.e. the numerical imple-mentation requires the same effort employed for displacement BIEs. Plate problems were solved with traction BIEs employing the TDO instead of the displacement BIEs to the behav-ior evaluation with singularity reduced.
Palavras-chave: Reissner plate, tangential operatior, traction equation.,
-  Rashed YF, Aliabadi MH, Brebbia CA. Hypersingular boundary element formulation for Reissner plates. Int J Solids Struct, 35(18), 2229–49, 1998.
-  Guiggiani, M. Hypersingular formulation for boundary stresses evaluation. Eng. Anal. Bound. Elem., 14, 169-179, 1994.
-  Kupradze, V.D., Three-dimensional problems of the mathematical theory of elasticity and thermoelasticity. North Holand, 1979.
-  Balas, J., Sladek, J, Sladek, V., Stress Analysis by Boundary Element Methods, Elsevier Science Publishers, 1989.
-  Bonnet, M. Boundary Integral Equation Methods for Solids and Fluids, John Wiley Andamp; Sons Ltd, 1999.
-  Palermo Jr., L., Almeida, L.P.C.P.F. and Gonçalves, P.C., The Use of the Tangential Dif-ferential Operator in the Dual Boundary Element Equation, Structural Durability Andamp; Health Monitoring, vol.2, no.2, pp.123-130, Tech Science Press, 200
-  Palermo Jr., L., Almeida, L.P.C.P.F., On the Use of the Tangential Differential Operator in the Traction Boundary Integral Equation of the Dual Boundary Element Method for Three Dimensional Problems, ICCES, vol.7, no.2, pp.83-87, 2008.
-  Palermo Jr., L., Tangential differential operator applied to stress and traction boundary integral equations for plate bending including the shear deformation effect, BEM 33, Edi-tor C.A. Brebbia, 2011.
-  Palermo Jr., L., The tangential differential operator applied to a stress boundary integral equation for plate bending including the shear deformation effect, Eng Anal Bound Elem, 36, 1213-1225, 2012
-  Palermo Jr., L., A least square solution applied to plate analyses using the traction boundary integral equation, BEM 34, Editor C.A. Brebbia, 2012.
-  Weeën, F., Application of the boundary integral equation method to Reissner’s plate model, International Journal for Numerical Methods in Engineering, vol. 18, 1-10, 1982.
-  Abramowitz M, Stegun I. Handbook of mathematical functions, New York: Dover Pub-lications; 1972.
-  Reissner, E., The Effect of Transverse Shear Deformation on the Bending of Elastic Plates, Journal of Applied Mechanics, 1945.
-  Birkhoff, G,, Mac Lane, S., A Survey of modern algebra, 4th.ed., Macmillan Publishing Co. Ltd., 1977.
-  First A. A., Second B. B., “Example of nice winter weather”. Int. J. Winter Weat. 7, 8-13, 2012.
-  Other A. A., Other B. B., “Example of good quality illustrations”. Int. J. Quality Illustr. 7, 8-13, 2012.
Jr., L. Palermo; "A SIMPLIFIED FORMULATION FOR STRESS AND TRACTION BOUNDARY IN-TEGRAL EQUATIONS USING THE TANGENTIAL DIFFERENTIAL OPERATOR FOR PLATE BENDING INCLUDING THE SHEAR DEFORMATION EFFECT", p. 3714-3727 . In: In Proceedings of the 10th World Congress on Computational Mechanics [= Blucher Mechanical Engineering Proceedings, v. 1, n. 1].
São Paulo: Blucher,
ISSN 2358-0828, DOI 10.5151/meceng-wccm2012-19528
últimos 30 dias | último ano | desde a publicação