Maio 2014 vol. 1 num. 1 - 10th World Congress on Computational Mechanics
Full Article - Open Access.
A REPRODUCING KERNEL FORMULATION FOR MODELING SHOCKS
A reproducing kernel particle method formulation for modeling shocks formed by nonlinear hyperbolic partial differential equations is developed using a flux-based velocity correction technique. The technique is coupled with a spectral decomposition shock detection algorithm to isolate corrections to the jump location. For this class of model problems, the technique is shown to accurately capture the physically correct solution and minimize oscillatory error due to Gibbs phenomenon. The approach provides a basis for further investigation on the extension to the equation of motion and shock-forming solid dynamics problems.
Palavras-chave: reproducing kernel, shock physics, spectral decomposition, Gibbs phenomenon,
-  R.J. Leveque, Numerical Methods for Conservation Laws, Birkhauser, Basel, 1992.
-  J.S. Chen, C. Pan, C.T. Wu, and W.K. Liu, Reproducing kernel particle methods for large deformation analysis of nonlinear structures, Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering, 139, 49-74, 1996.
-  W.K. Liu, S. Jun, and Y.F. Zhang, Reproducing kernel particle methods, International Journal for Numerical Methods in Fluids, 20, 1081-1106, 1995.
-  A. Jeffrey and T. Tanuiti, Non-linear wave propagation: Applications to physics and magnetohydrodynamics,” Mathematics in Science and Engineering, 9, ed. R. Bellman, Academic Press, New York, 196
-  P. Lax, Hyperbolic systems of conservation equations, II, Communications in Pure and Applied Mathematics, 10, 537-566, 1957.
-  W.K. Liu and Y. Chen, Wavelet and multiple scale reproducing kernel methods, International Journal for Numerical Methods in Fluids, 21, 901-931, 1995.
-  Y. You, J.S. Chen, and H. Lu, Filters, reproducing kernel, and adaptive meshfree method, Computational Mechanics, 31, 316-326, 2003.
-  P. C. Guan, S. W. Chi, J. S. Chen, T. R. Slawson, M. J. Roth, Semi-Lagrangian Reproducing Kernel Particle Method for Fragment-Impact Problems, International Journal of Impact Engineering, 38, 1033-1047, 2011.
Roth, Jason; Chen, JS; Slawson, Tom; Danielson, Kent; "A REPRODUCING KERNEL FORMULATION FOR MODELING SHOCKS", p. 2362-2374 . In: In Proceedings of the 10th World Congress on Computational Mechanics [= Blucher Mechanical Engineering Proceedings, v. 1, n. 1].
São Paulo: Blucher,
ISSN 2358-0828, DOI 10.5151/meceng-wccm2012-18830
últimos 30 dias | último ano | desde a publicação