Maio 2014 vol. 1 num. 1 - 10th World Congress on Computational Mechanics
Full Article - Open Access.
A NOVEL FINITE ELEMENT FORMULATION FOR LARGE DEFORMATION ANALYSIS BASED ON INCREMENTAL EQUILIBRIUM EQUATION IN CONJUNCTION WITH REZONING TECHNIQUE
A novel finite element formulation based on the incremental equilibrium equation (IEE) in conjunction with the rezoning technique is proposed. The IEE used in this study can be derived from the virtual work equation in rate form. Due to the IEE, the equilibrium between the nodal internal force and the nodal external force after a rezoning is automatically satisfied; thus, it is not necessary to solve the equilibrium again before starting the next time increment. Through some examples of large deformation analysis with the rezoning method, it is confirmed that the proposed method is enough accurate and stable.
Palavras-chave: Finite element method, Incremental equilibrium equation, Large deformation, Rezoning, Static-implicit analysis,
-  C., Huang G. C., and Liu Y. C., “Adaptive fem computation of forming processes – application to porous and non-porous materials,”. International Journal for Numerical Methods in Engineering, 30, 1527–1553, 1990.
-  Cheng J. H. and Kikuchi N., “A mesh re-zoning technique for finite element simulations of metal forming processes,”. International Journal for Numerical Methods in Engineering, 23, 219–228, 1986.
-  SIMULIA Inc. , ABAQUS 6.8 Documentation. SIMULIA Inc., 2008.
-  MSC.Software Corp. , MARC 2010 Theory and User Information. MSC.Software Corp., 2010.
-  Onishi Y. and Amaya K., “Floating stress-point integration meshfree method for large deformation analysis of elastic and elastoplastic materials,”. International Journal for Numerical Methods in Engineering, 2012 (In Press).
-  Hisada T. and Noguchi H., Basis and Application of Non-linear Finite Element Method (in Japanese). Maruzen, 1995.
-  Gurtin M. E. and Spear K., “On the relationship between the logarithmic strain rate and the stretching tensor,”. International Journal of Solids and Structures, 19(5), 437–444, 1983.
-  Hoger A., “The material time derivative of logarithmic strain,”. International Journal of Solids and Structures, 22(9), 1019–1032, 1986.
-  Anand L., “A rate constitutive equation for moderate strain isotropic elasticity,”. Mechanics Research Communications, 11(5), 345–352, 1984.
-  Zienkiewicz O. C., The Finite Element Method for Solid and Structural Mechanics 6th Ed. Elsevier, 2005.
-  ANSYS Inc. , GAMBIT 2.4 Documentation. ANSYS Inc., 2007.
Onishi, Y.; Amaya, K.; "A NOVEL FINITE ELEMENT FORMULATION FOR LARGE DEFORMATION ANALYSIS BASED ON INCREMENTAL EQUILIBRIUM EQUATION IN CONJUNCTION WITH REZONING TECHNIQUE", p. 577-587 . In: In Proceedings of the 10th World Congress on Computational Mechanics [= Blucher Mechanical Engineering Proceedings, v. 1, n. 1].
São Paulo: Blucher,
ISSN 2358-0828, DOI 10.5151/meceng-wccm2012-18032
últimos 30 dias | último ano | desde a publicação