Maio 2014 vol. 1 num. 1 - 10th World Congress on Computational Mechanics
Full Article - Open Access.
A NEW FREQUENCY METHOD APPLIED TO CALCULATE CABLE FORCE FOR CABLES WITH THE INTERMEDIATE MULTI-SUPPORT
This paper proposes a new frequency method applied to calculate cable force for cables with the intermediate multi-support from measured natural frequencies. The proposed method has established new relationship between cable frequency and tension force, taking cable force, the intermediate multi-support, flexural rigidity, boundary conditions of two ends into account. Following the classical guidelines of cable dynamics, and by making some simplifications, frequency equation has been obtained in non-dimensional form. When natural frequencies have measured, cable force can be calculated by solving frequency equation. Comparison with Matharmethod and the proposed method in the field test, the difference of cable force result between two methods is just only 1%, so the proposed method has been made to validate.
Palavras-chave: frequency method, cable force, multi-support, cable,
-  Irvine H M. Cable Structures [M]. Cambrige:The MIT Press, 198
-  Zui H, Shinke T, Namita Y. Practical formulas for estimation of cable tension by vibration method [J]. J Struct Eng 1996, 122(6):651–665.
-  Geier R, De Roeck G, Flesch R. Accurate cable force determination using ambient vibration measurements. Struct Infrastruct Eng 2006;2(1):43–52.
-  Kim B H, Park T. Estimation of cable tension force using the frequency-based system identification method [J]. Journal of Sound and Vibration. 2007, 304(3-5): 660-676.
-  Flamand O. Rain-wind induced vibration of cables. J Wind Eng Ind Aerodyn 1995;57:353–62.
-  Matsumoto M, Daito Y, Kanamura T, Shigemura Y, Sakuma S,Ishizaki H. Wind-induced vibration of cables of cable-stayed bridges.J of Wind Eng and Ind Aerodyn 1998;74–76:1015–27.
-  Wang Rong-hui,Gan Quan,Gong Ling-ling,et al.A finite element solution for tension of cable with elastic multi-support[J]. Journal of Vibration Engineering, 2010, 23(5):567-571.
-  BA50/93. Post-tensioned Concrete Bridges. Planning, Organisation and Methods for Carrying out Special Inspections. Department of Transport. July 1993.
Ma, Pingjie Li Ronghui Wang Niujing; "A NEW FREQUENCY METHOD APPLIED TO CALCULATE CABLE FORCE FOR CABLES WITH THE INTERMEDIATE MULTI-SUPPORT", p. 4760-4767 . In: In Proceedings of the 10th World Congress on Computational Mechanics [= Blucher Mechanical Engineering Proceedings, v. 1, n. 1].
São Paulo: Blucher,
ISSN 2358-0828, DOI 10.5151/meceng-wccm2012-20087
últimos 30 dias | último ano | desde a publicação