Maio 2014 vol. 1 num. 1 - 10th World Congress on Computational Mechanics
Full Article - Open Access.
2D COMPOSITIONAL RESERVOIR SIMULATION USING UNSTRUCTURED GRIDS IN HETEROGENEOUS RESERVOIRS
This paper presents a 2D implementation of an element-based finite-volume formulation (EbFVM) using triangles, quadrilaterals, or a combination of both elements in conjunction with a compositional reservoir simulator. The formulation is implemented into the UTCOMP simulator considering a full tensor formulation for the advection and diffusion terms. The UTCOMP simulator was developed at the Center of Petroleum and Geosystems Engineering at The University of Texas at Austin for the simulation of enhanced recovery processes. UTCOMP is a compositional multiphase/multi-component, IMPEC simulator, which can handle the simulation of miscible gas flooding processes. The results of several case studies involving homogeneous and heterogeneous reservoirs are presented in terms of volumetric rates of oil and gas, and saturation fields.
Palavras-chave: EbFVM, Unstructured Meshes, Compositional Reservoir Simulation,
-  Chang Y. B., “Development and Application of An Equation of State Compositional Simulator”. Ph.D. Thesis. Department of Petroleum and Geosystems Engineering, The University of Texas at Austin, 1990.
-  Chang Y. B., Pope G. A., Sepehrnoori K., “A Higher-Order Finite-Difference Compositional Simulator”. Journal of Petroleum Science and Engineering 5:(1), 35-50, 1990.
-  Baliga, B. R. and Patankar, S. V., “A Control Volume Finite-Element Method for Two-Dimensional Fluid Flow and Heat Transfer”, Numerical Heat Transfer, 6, 245-261, 198
-  Cordazzo, J., “An Element Based Conservative Scheme using Unstructured Grids for Reservoir Simulation”, SPE International Student Paper Contest, The SPE Annual Technical Conference and Exhibition, Houston, Texas, 200
-  Cordazzo, J., Maliska, C. R., Silva, A. F. C., and Hurtado, F. S. V., “The Negative Transmissibility Issue When Using CVFEM in Petroleum Reservoir Simulation - 1. Theory”, The 10th Brazilian Congress of Thermal Sciences and Engineering, Rio de Janeiro, RJ, November 29-December 03, 2004.
-  Cordazzo, J., Maliska, C. R., Silva, A. F. C., and Hurtado, F. S. V., “The Negative Transmissibility Issue When Using CVFEM in Petroleum Reservoir Simulation - 2. Results”, The 10th Brazilian Congress of Thermal Sciences and Engineering, Rio de Janeiro, RJ, November 29-December 03, 2004.
-  Durlofsky, L. J., and Chien, M. C. H., “Development of a Mixed Finite-Element-Based Compositional Reservoir Simulator”, Paper SPE 25253, The 12th SPE Symposium on Resevoir Simulation, New Orleans, LA, February 28-March 3, 1983.
-  Edwards, M. G., “M-Matrix Flux Splitting for General Full Tensor Discretization Operators on Structured and Unstructured Grids”, Journal of Computational Physics, 160, 1-28, 2000.
-  Edwards, M. G., “Unstructured, Control-volume Distributed, Full-Tensor Finite-Volume Schemes with Flow Based Grids”, Computational Geosciences, 6, 433-452, 2002.
-  Forsyth, P .A. “A Control-Volume, Finite-Element Method for Local Mesh Refinement in Thermal Reservoir Simulation”, SPE Reservoir Engineering, (5):4, 561-566, 1990.
-  Fung, L. S., Hiebert, A. D. and Nghiem, L., “Reservoir Simulation with a Control-Volume Finite-Element Method”, Paper SPE 21224, The 11th SPE Symposium on Reservoir Simulation, Anaheim, California, February 17-20, 1991.
-  Gottardi, G. and Dallólio, D., “A Control-Volume Finite-Element Model for Simulating Oil-Water Reservoirs”, Journal of Petroleum Science and Engineering, 8, 29-41, 1992.
-  Hegre, T. M., Dalen, V., and Henriquez, A., “Generalized Transmissibilities for Distorted Grids”, Paper SPE 15622, The 61st Annual Technical Conference and Exhibition of the Society of Petroleum Engineers, New Orleans, LA. October 5-8, 1986.
-  Hoteit, H., and Firoozabadi, A., “Multicomponent Fluid Flow by Discontinuous Galerkin and Mixed Methods in Unfractured and Fractured Media”, Water Resource Research, vol. 41, 1-15, 2005.
-  Hoteit, H., and Firoozabadi, A., “Compositional Modeling by the Combined Discontinuous Galerkin Method and Mixed Methods”, SPEJ, pp. 19-34, 2006.
-  Hughes, T. J. R., The Finite Element Method, Linear Static and Dynamic Finite Element Analysis, Prentice Hall, New Jersey, 1987.
-  Maliska, C. R., Heat Transfer and Computational Fluid Mechanics, Florianópolis, 2nd Ed., Editora LTC, 2004. (In Portuguese).
-  Marcondes, F., and Sepehrnoori, K., “Unstructured Grids and an Element Based Conservative Approach for Compositional Reservoir Simulation”, The 19th International Congress of Mechanical Engineering, November 5-9, Brasília, DF, 2007.
-  Marcondes, F., and Sepehrnoori, K., “An element-based finite-volume method approach for heterogeneous and anisotropic compositional reservoir simulation”, Journal of Petroleum Science and Engineering, 73, 99-106, 2010.
-  Raw, M., “A New Control Volume Based Finite Element Procedure for the Numerical Solution of the Fluid Flow and Scalar Transport Equations”, Ph.D. Thesis, University of Waterloo, Waterloo, Ontario, Canada, 1985.
-  Verma, S. and Aziz, K., “A Control Volume Scheme for Flexible Grids in Reservoir Simulation”, Paper SPE 37999, The Reservoir Symposium, Dallas, Texas, 8-11, 1987.
Fernandes, B. R. B.; Lima, I. C. M.; Araújo, A. L. S.; Marcondes, F.; Sepehrnoori, K.; "2D COMPOSITIONAL RESERVOIR SIMULATION USING UNSTRUCTURED GRIDS IN HETEROGENEOUS RESERVOIRS", p. 1455-1474 . In: In Proceedings of the 10th World Congress on Computational Mechanics [= Blucher Mechanical Engineering Proceedings, v. 1, n. 1].
São Paulo: Blucher,
ISSN 2358-0828, DOI 10.5151/meceng-wccm2012-18433
últimos 30 dias | último ano | desde a publicação