novembro 2016 vol. 3 num. 1 - XX Congreso de la Sociedad Iberoamericana de Gráfica Digital
Full Article - Open Access.
vMESH : How to print Architecture?
The use of 3D printing in architectural research, education and practice has been almost exclusively destined to produce physical representations – models— of designed building. Recent advances in Additive Manufacturing (AM) have exponentially increased the mechanical properties of 3D printed parts, opening new opportunities for this technology to be directly applied to functional architectural components at an increasingly larger scale. Thus, this paper examines the design, structural and aesthetic implications, as well as the feasibility of advanced 3D printing technologies in the production of functional architectural components through the design and prototyping of a customized, non-regular spatial frame system.
Palavras-chave: Metal 3D Printing, Volumetric Mesh, Digital Fabrication, Parametric Design, Spatial Frames,
-  Galjaard, S., Hofman, S., & Ren, S. (2015). New opportunities to optimize structural designs in metal by using additive manufacturing. In Advances in Architectural Geometry 2014 (pp. 79-93). Springer International Publishing.
-  Mueller, C. T. (2016). 3D Printed Structures: Challenges and Opportunities. STRUCTURE, 54.
-  Wachsmann, K. (1961). The Turning Point of Building: structure and design. Reinhold Pub. Corp.
-  British architect claims "first architectural application" of 3D printing. Retrieved from http://www.dezeen.com/2013/12/02/first-architectural-application-of-3d-printing-adrian-priestman-6-bevis-marks/
-  3D printing nodes SPACE-FRAME. Retrieved from http://studiofathom.com/blog/space-frame-table-utilizes-3d-printed-nodes-for-complex-design/
Raspall, Felix; Bañón, Carlos; "vMESH : How to print Architecture?", p. 394-398 . In: XX Congreso de la Sociedad Iberoamericana de Gráfica Digital [=Blucher Design Proceedings, v.3 n.1].
São Paulo: Blucher,
ISSN 2318-6968, DOI 10.5151/despro-sigradi2016-771
últimos 30 dias | último ano | desde a publicação