dezembro 2014 vol. 1 num. 5 - 9th Conference of the International Committee for Design History and Design Studies
Article - Open Access.
Urban Furniture − Colour and Inclusivity
This subject arises from the research for a PhD project, where it was demonstrated that a pertinent colour application to urban furniture can ameliorate its use, contributing to the identification of urban areas and facilitating the orientation within the city. On this paper we want to enhance colour application as a solution to the inclusivity problem. It will, also, approach the possible role of colour in the city areas identification and its contribution to a better visibility, and legibility, of urban furniture, allowing its elements to stand out from its background and contributing to increase the inclusivity of the elderly and visual disabled population.
Palavras-chave: colour, urban furniture, inclusivity, orientation, disabled population,
-  Águas, S. (2003) Urban Furniture Design, A Multidisciplinary Approach to Design Sustainable Urban Furniture, M.Sc Dissertation, Salford: University of Salford.
-  Barker, P, Barrick, J. and Wilson, R. (1995) Building Sight, a handbook of building and interior design solutions to include the needs of visually impaired people, London: Royal National Institute for the Blind (RNIB).
-  Berger, C. (2005) Wayfind: Designing and Implementing Graphic Navigational Systems, Switzerland: Rotovision SA.
-  Brown, R. (ed) (1998) Quality of Life for People with Disabilities, UK: Stanley Thornes (Publishers) Ltd.
-  Disabled Persons Transport Advisory Committee (DPTAC) (2003). Inclusive Projects: A guide to best practice on preparing and delivering project briefs to secure access. London. HMSO. http://www.dptac.gov.uk/inclusive/guide/index.htm
-  Lindemann et al (eds.) (2004) Regulated Agent-based Social Systems. Germany: Springer.
-  Mollerup, P. (2005) Wayshowing, Baden: Lars Müller Publishers.
-  Serra, J. (2000) Elementos urbanos, mobiliário y microarquitectura, Barcelona: Editorial Gustavo Gili.
Gamito, Margarida; Silva, Fernando Moreira da; "Urban Furniture − Colour and Inclusivity", p. 427-432 . In: Tradition, Transition, Tragectories: major or minor influences? [=ICDHS 2014 - 9th Conference of the International Committee for Design History and Design Studies].
São Paulo: Blucher,
ISSN 2318-6968, DOI 10.5151/despro-icdhs2014-0060
últimos 30 dias | último ano | desde a publicação