Setembro 2016 vol. 8 num. 2 - The 10th Conference of the International Committee for Design History & Design Studies
Article - Open Access.
Understanding the complexity of statement: A document design approach
Though documents have helped people complete various tasks in daily life, there is still no unified standard in document design field; some designers even design documents just depending on their own experience. In this study, based on standards proposed by International Organization for Standardization (ISO), a human-centred document design mode was put forward. Credit cards have brought lots of conveniences to our daily life, but the complex credit card bills have also attracted many complaints. Cardholders may even suffer personal credit losses due to bill misreading. Thus in this paper, the new design mode was used in the upgrade design of credit card bills and the evaluation results showed that, the usability and satisfaction of new credit card bills were significantly improved compared with the original ones (P<.05). Besides demonstrating the validity of the new design mode, a good document design checklist was also provided as a reference for academic research in this field.
Palavras-chave: Document design, credit card statement, information design, usability test,
-  Adams, Austin. (1999). Usability testing in information design (chap. 1). Visu-al information for everyday use: design and research perspectives. Ed. Harm J. G. Zwaga, Theo Bo-ersema, Henriette C. M. Hoonhout. London: Taylor & Francis.
-  AIGA. (2007).“Information Design = Complexity + Interdisciplinarity + Experiment”, Retrieved Sept.4, 2015, from: http://www.aiga.org/complexity-plus-interdisciplinarity-plus-experiment/
-  Alexander, Gerson J & Feld, Harold Lunen. (1984). A users' guide to positive guidance in highway control. Information design: the design and evaluation of signs and printed material. Ed. Ronald Easterby and Harm Zwaga. New York: Wiley.
-  Boulton, Mark. (2005). Five simple steps to designing grid systems-Part2. Retrieved Sept.10, 2015,from: http://markboulton.co.uk/journal/five-simple-steps-to-designing-grid-systems-part-2
-  Dirk Snelders, Ruth Mugge, Maartje Huinink. (2014). Using Social Distinctions in Taste for Analys-ing Design Styles across Product Categories. International Journal of Design, 8(3), 23-34.
-  Felker, D. B. (1980). Document design: A review of the relevant research. Washington, DC: American Institutes for Research.
-  Hackos, JoAnn T. (1994). Managing Your Documentation Projects. New York: John Wiley& Sons.
-  Holt, D. B. (1998). Does cultural capital structure American consumption? Journal of Consumer Re-search, 25(1), 1-25.
-  ISO 16982. (2002). Ergonomics of human-system interaction-Usability methods supporting human-centred design. Retrieved Sept.4, 2015, from: http://www.iso.org/iso/iso_catalogue/catalogue_tc/catalogue_detail.htm?csnumber=31176
-  ISO 9241-2 (2010). Ergonomics of human-system interaction-Part 210: Human-centred design for interactive systems. Retrieved Sept.4, 2015, from: http://www.iso.org/iso/catalogue_detail.htm?csnumber=52075
-  ISO. (n.d.). What are standards? Retrieved Sept.5, 2015, from: http://www.iso.org/iso/home/about.htm
-  Martin, James. (1991). Rapid Application Development. New York: Macmillan.
-  Schriver, Karen A. (1997). Dynamics in document design. New York: John Wiley&Sons, Inc.
-  Kimball, Miles A& Hawkins, Ann R. (2008). Document design: a guide for technical communicators. Boston: Bedford/St. Martin's.
-  Visocky O'Grady, Jennifer. (2008). The information design handbook. Cincinnati, Ohio: How Books.
-  趙奕傑（2014）。信用卡使用意願的影響因素之研究：資訊系統品質、使用者動機與知覺風險。（未出版之碩士論文）。醒吾科技大學，新北市。
-  楊彩玲、鄧佩珊（2007）。設計價值論。設計研究（7）, 158-168。
YI, Minzhe; LIN, Tingyi S; "Understanding the complexity of statement: A document design approach", p. 251-258 . In: Wong, Wendy Siuyi; Kikuchi, Yuko & Lin, Tingyi (Eds.). Making Trans/National Contemporary Design History [=ICDHS 2016 – 10th Conference of the International Committee for Design History & Design Studies].
São Paulo: Blucher,
ISSN 2318-6968, DOI 10.5151/despro-icdhs2016-03_013
últimos 30 dias | último ano | desde a publicação