Setembro 2016 vol. 8 num. 2 - The 10th Conference of the International Committee for Design History & Design Studies
Article - Open Access.
Towards a new paradigm: Applying industrial design processes to the craft bamboo industry
The craft bamboo industry in Taiwan has been in steady decline since 1985. In recent years, the government has attempted to stimulate this industry by promoting this craft as a distinct form of national culture and identity; however there is a disconnect between the desires of na-tional policy objectives and the effort required to raise the state of play in Taiwan’s bamboo crafts and product sectors to compete on a global scale and attain a desirable level of de-mand. The research aims to demonstrate that an industrial design-led approach is required within the craft bamboo industry to revitalise the sector.
Palavras-chave: Craft, cultural Industry, cross-functional cooperation, bamboo, industrial design,
-  Auger, P., Devinney, T. and Louviere, J. (2007) 'Measuring the Importance of Ethical Consumerism: A Multi‐Country Empirical Investigation'. Controversies in international corporate responsibility: In Madsen, P. and Hooker, J. (ed.).
-  Cheng, W.-T. (2010) 'A Study on the Attractiveness Factors for Local Craft Industry- A Case for Bam-boo Industry in Zhu-Shan, Nan-Tou County [地方工藝產業魅力因子研究－以南投縣竹山鎮竹藝產業為例]'. Master, Tokai University, Taiwan.
-  Delle Monache, S. and Rocchesso, D. (2014) 'Bauhaus Legacy in Research through Design: The Case of Basic Sonic Interaction Design'. International Journal of Design, vol.8, pp.139-154.
-  Gao, Y.-F. (2012) 'The Development, Transformation and Cultural Creativity of Bamboo Craft Industries in Jhushan Town [竹山竹工藝產業的發展轉型與文化創意]'. PhD, Yunlin University of Science and Technology, Taiwan.
-  Huang, X.-Z. (2001) 'Modern design and aesthetic significance of Taiwan Craft [ 臺灣工藝現代化在設計及審美上的意義]'. Taiwan Craft, vol. 8, pp. 4-10.
-  Karppinen, S. (2008) 'Craft-Art as a Basis for Human Activity'. International Journal of Art & Design Ed-ucation, vol. 27, pp. 83-90.
-  Kettley, S. (2012) 'The foundations of craft: A suggested protocol for introducing craft to other dis-ciplines'. Craft Research, vol. 3, pp. 33-51.
-  Kikuchi, Y. (2015) 'The craft debate at the crossroads of global visual culture: re-centring craft in postmodern and postcolonial histories'. World Art, pp. 1-29.
-  Lin, H.-M. (2012) 'The Study on Production Model of Modern Bamboo Design [以竹材探討現代工藝設計之產品化模式]'. Master, Southern Taiwan University of Science and Technology.
-  Lyon, S. (2006) 'Evaluating fair trade consumption: Politics, defetishization and producer participa-tion'. International Journal of Consumer Studies, vol. 30, pp. 452‐464.
-  Ministry of Education. (2016). [Online]. http://depart.moe.edu.tw/ED2300/Default.aspx.
-  National Zhushan Senior High School. (2016). 'History Memorabilia [沿革大事記]' [Online]. http://www.cshs.ntct.edu.tw/.
-  Petrini, C. (2005) Slow food revolution, New York, Rizzoli Inc.
-  Roberto, V. (2008) 'Design, Meanings, and Radical Innovation- A Metamodel and aResearch Agenda'. PROD INNOV MANAG, vol. 25, pp. 436–456.
-  Shah, S. (2000) 'Sources and Patterns of Innovation in a Consumer Products Field- Innovations in Sport-ing Equipment'. Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
-  Stefano Delle Monache, D. R. (2014) ‘Bauhaus Legacy in Research through Design: The Case of Basic Sonic Interaction Design’. International Journal of Design, vol. 8.
-  Taiwan Workforce Development Agency Ministry of Labor. (2015)‘Using famous masters to teach good apprentices [名師出高徒]’ [Online]. Available: http://www2.evta.gov.tw/safe/docs/safe95/userplane/video_display.asp?menu_id=8&submenu_id=440&ap_id=1848&cat=2013.
-  Wang, K.-A., Liao, Y.-C., Chu, W.-W., John, Y.-W. C., Chen, Y.-F. and P-C., C. (2011) ‘Digitization and Value-Add Application of Bamboo Weaving Artifacts‘ Lecture Notes in Computer Science, vol. 7008, pp. 16-25.
-  Yao, T.-H., Sun, C.-Y. & Lin, P.-C. (2013) 'Modern Design in Taiwan: The Japanese Period, 1895–1945'. Design Issues, vol. 29, pp. 38-51.
LEE, Hung-Wei; RENDA, Gianni; BARNES, Carolyn; "Towards a new paradigm: Applying industrial design processes to the craft bamboo industry", p. 182-185 . In: Wong, Wendy Siuyi; Kikuchi, Yuko & Lin, Tingyi (Eds.). Making Trans/National Contemporary Design History [=ICDHS 2016 – 10th Conference of the International Committee for Design History & Design Studies].
São Paulo: Blucher,
ISSN 2318-6968, DOI 10.5151/despro-icdhs2016-03_001
últimos 30 dias | último ano | desde a publicação