dezembro 2014 vol. 1 num. 8 - XVIII Conference of the Iberoamerican Society of Digital Graphics - SIGraDi: Design in Freedom
Article - Open Access.
The Many Functions of Hand Gestures While Communicating Spatial Ideas An Empirical Case Study
Physical dimensions of the designing activity these representations will probably exist Architects substantially develop their ideas in space through a visual apprehension of spatial relations. We aim to explore how hand gestures play role in presenting geometric features, spatial relations and ideas through a qualitative evaluation of an empirical case study. (100 words)
Palavras-chave: Architectural design environments, Hand gestures, Iconic gestures, Spatial thinking,
-  Alaçam, S., Çağdaş, G., Kotnik, T., (2014). “Exploring the role of Bodily Experience in Spatial Thinking during the Architectural Design Process”, TEI 2014: 8th International Conference on Tangible, Embedded and Embodied Interaction, Ludwig-Max- imilians University, Munich.
-  Boroditsky, C., (2000), Metaphoric Structuring Understanding Time Through Spatial Metaphors, Cognition, 75:1–28 Boroditsky, L., Ramscar, M., Frank, M. C., (2001) The Roles of
-  Body and Mind in Abstract Thought, Proceedings of the 23rd Annual Meeting of the Cognitive Science Society.
-  Ekman, P., Andamp; Friesen, W. V. (1969). The repertoire of nonverbal behavior. Semiotica, 1, 49-98.
-  Elia, I., Gagatsis, A., Andamp; van den Heuvel-Panhuizen, M. (2014). The role of gestures in making connections between space and shape aspects and their verbal representations in the early years: findings from a case study. Mathematics Education Research Journal, 1-27
-  Emmorey, K., Andamp; Casey, S. (2002). Gesture, thought, and spatial language. In Spatial Language, 87-101. Springer Netherlands. Gullberg, M. (1999). Gestures in spatial descriptions. Lund Working Papers in Linguistics, 47, 87-97.
-  Kang, S., Tversky, B., Andamp; Black, J. B. (2012). From hands to minds:
-  How gestures promote action understanding. In Proceedings of the 34th Annual Conference of the Cognitive Science Society, 551-557.
-  McNeill, D. (1992). Hand and mind: What gestures reveal about thought. University of Chicago Press.
-  Pallasmaa, J. (2009). The thinking hand: Existential and embodied wisdom in architecture. Chichester: Wiley.
-  Regier, T., and Carlson, L. A., (2001) Grounding spatial language in perception: an empirical and computational investigation. Journal of Experimental Psychology: General, 130(2), 273.
-  Shih, N. J., Andamp; Shih, W. D. (1996). Gesture modeling for architectural design.Computers Andamp; graphics, 20(6), 849-862.
-  Trafton, J. G., Trickett, S. B., Stitzlein, C. A., Saner, L., Schunn, C. D., Andamp; Kirschenbaum, S. S. (2006). The relationship between spatial transformations and iconic gestures. Spatial Cognition and Computation, 6(1), 1-29.
-  Tversky, B. (1999). “Spatial schemes in depictions,” in Merideth Gattis (ed.) Spatial Schemas and Abstract Thought. Cambridge, MA: MIT Press, 9-112.
-  Url-1: Stacking Chair by Konstantin Grcic. Retrieved from www. magisdesign.com
-  Visser, W. (2009). The function of gesture in an architectural design meeting (ch. 15). In J. McDonnell Andamp; P. Lloyd (Eds.), R. Luck,
-  F. Reid, Andamp; N. Cross (Ass. Eds.), About: Designing. Analysing design meetings (pp. 269-284). London: Taylor Andamp; Francis.
-  Visser, W., Andamp; Maher, M. L. (2011). The role of gesture in designing. AI EDAM-Artificial Intelligence Engineering Design Analysis and Manufacturing, 25(3), 213.
Alaçam, Sema; "The Many Functions of Hand Gestures While Communicating Spatial Ideas An Empirical Case Study", p. 106-109 . In: Proceedings of the XVIII Conference of the Iberoamerican Society of Digital Graphics: Design in Freedom [=Blucher Design Proceedings, v.1, n.8].
São Paulo: Blucher,
ISSN 2318-6968, DOI 10.5151/despro-sigradi2014-0017
últimos 30 dias | último ano | desde a publicação