Dezembro 2014 vol. 1 num. 5 - 9th Conference of the International Committee for Design History and Design Studies
Article - Open Access.
The FAD Certification of Design Quality: fostering good design practices
The Foment de les Arts i el Disseny (FAD) aims to recognize good design practices in companies and organizations that exhibit superb examples of interior and graphic design, and that they do so as part of the market process. In this paper, FAD and Applus+ present the FAD Certification of Design Quality (FCDQ) as a “seal” to certify these practices. The FCDQ does not attempt to give an objective, closed definition of Design, nor a complete list of “parameters”. It frames the problem by means of a number of overlapping features that must be taken into account in order to embark in a good design practice, and places the evaluation in the hands of trained professionals. Auditors guide establishments and, once this quality has been achieved, ensure that it is maintained over time. We believe that this is the first time a third-party certification in design quality is proposed.
Palavras-chave: certification, design quality, FAD,
-  Buchanan, R (1992) ‘Wicked Problems in Design Thinking’. Design Issues, Vol. 8, No. 2 Spring, pp. 5-2
-  Cross, N. (2006) Designerly ways of Knowing. Springer
-  Design Council (2003) The business of design, London.
-  Observatori del Disseny (2009) Realitats i oportunitats. El disseny i l’empresa a Catalunya, FAD.
-  Observatori del Disseny (2011) Disseny per al turisme. La presència del disseny en els establiments d’allotjament i restauració a Catalunya.FAD.
-  Innovation Union (2010) Europe 2020 Flagship Initiative. SEC(2010)1161. Brussels.
-  Lawson, B. (1997) How designers think. Architectural Press.
-  Margolin, V. (2010) “Investigación en diseño: Hacia una historia”. Archivo de Arte Valenciano, XCI. Valencia.
-  National Agency for Enterprise and Housing (2003) The economic effects of design, Copenhaguen.
-  Nadvi, K.M., Waltring, F. (2004) ‘Making Sense of Global Standards’. Schmitz, H.(ed.): Local Enterprises in the Global Economy: Issues of Governance and Upgrading, pp53-94. Edward Elgar.
-  Roozenburg, N. (1993). On the pattern of reasoning in innovative design. Design Studies, (14/1), pp.4-18.
-  Rowe, P.G. (1987). Design thinking. MIT Press.
-  Premsela (2005) Design in the Creative Economy, Amsterdam.
-  Simon, H.A. (1969) The Sciences of the Artificial. MIT press. (Third edition: 1996).
-  Tanner, B. (2000) Independent assessment by third-party certification bodies. Food Control, 11 (2000), pp.415-417.
-  Tourism Highlights (2013). United Nations, WTO
Sola-Morales, Pau de; Mus, Roseta; Torrents, Jordi; "The FAD Certification of Design Quality: fostering good design practices", p. 581-586 . In: Tradition, Transition, Tragectories: major or minor influences? [=ICDHS 2014 - 9th Conference of the International Committee for Design History and Design Studies].
São Paulo: Blucher,
ISSN 2318-6968, DOI 10.5151/despro-icdhs2014-0084
últimos 30 dias | último ano | desde a publicação