Dezembro 2014 vol. 1 num. 5 - 9th Conference of the International Committee for Design History and Design Studies
Article - Open Access.
The effect of cultural roots on service design: Turkey as a case
The aim of this paper is to frame the issue of service and its connection with the disciplines of design in Turkey, its potentials and actors with a specific focus on the cultural influences and roots. This paper is a part of ongoing thesis research about service design in Turkey. In the first part of the research the position of service sector in Turkey is summarized from past to present and the sectors which have a dimension of service like tourism, trade, health and construction sector in Turkey are discussed. In the second part, potentials of service design in Turkey are mentioned by making connections to the Turkish hospitality, history and demographic structure. It is claimed that there are huge potentials in the Turkish culture to design creative service businesses, especially in the hospitality sector. However still, it can be predicted that a company which has a notion of service design, can also use the same know-how when developing their own designed items. Therefore, we can easily say that there is a strong connection among service, design and culture, which are the main axes of this study.
Palavras-chave: service design, culture, rituals, turkish culture,
-  Aka, M. (2012) ‘Languages and Ethnic Groups in Turkey’ International Journal of Turkish Literature Culture Education. 1 (1): pp. 293-297.
-  Bayman, H. (2013) Brisa Akademi. Presented Istanbul Innovation Week 2013/Istanbul.
-  Celikoglu, O. (2010) ‘Çekyatın öyküsü :Türkiye’de toplumsal değişime tanıklık eden bir mobilya’ Graduate. ITU.
-  Cevik, S. Kaya, S. (2010) Türkiye’nin lojistik potansiyeli ve İzmir’in lojistik faaliyetleri açısından durum analizi. İzmir: İzmir Ticaret Odası.
-  Er, A. (2004) Economy of Industrial Design in the Periphery. Paper presented Sao Paolo: P Andamp; D Design 6 Congresso Brasilerio De Pesquisa E Desenvolvimento Em Design.
-  Fjord. ‘Istanbul Studio’ http:// http://www.fjordnet.com/offices/istanbul/ (accessed: 26/04/2014).
-  Mager, B. n.d. Service Design as An Emerging Field. n.p. Service Design Network. http://service-design-network.org/system/files/med ia/Mager_Service%20Design%20as%20an%20emerging%20f ield. PDF. (accessed: 24/05/2013).
-  Mager, B. (2008) ‘Service Design’ Design Dictionary. Erlhoff M and Marshall T. eds. Basel Boston Berlin: Birkhäuser Basel.
-  Malatya Pazarı. ‘Products’http://www.malatyapazari.com.tr/products.php (accessed: 26/04/2014).
-  Sayılır, Ş. (2012) ‘Nomadism and Semi-Nomadism Issue and Differentiation of the Nomads in Terms of Geography’ Journal of Turkish Studies. 12 (1): pp. 563-580.
-  Shostack, G.L. (1984) ‘Designing Services that Deliver’ Harvard Business Review. 1984 pp. 133-139.
-  Sürücüoğlu, M.S. Akman, M. (1998) ‘Türk Mutfağının Tarihsel Gelişimi ve Bugünkü Değişim Nedenleri’ Standart Dergisi. 439 pp. 42-53.
-  Taşkesenoğlu, Z. (2009) Hizmet Sektör Raporu. . Istanbul: Müstakil İş Adamları Derneği (MÜSİAD). PDF.
-  Most Famous Painting. ‘Female Turkish Bath or Hammam 1785’ http://www.most-famous-paintings.org/A-Female-Turk %20ish-Bath-or-Hammam--1785.html (accessed: 07/01/2014).
-  Toprak, A. (2008) Silk Road In The Cultural Interaction of East and West (From the Beginning Till the End of Gokturk Period. Paper presented Ankara: Gazi University.
-  Yazılıtaş, N. (2002) ‘Türk Toplum Hayatında Sosyal Yardımlaşma ve Dayanışmanın Tarihi Temellerine Bir Bakış’ Nüsha. 2 (5): pp. 163-171.
Fışgın, Saniye; Bagli, Humanur; "The effect of cultural roots on service design: Turkey as a case", p. 347-352 . In: Tradition, Transition, Tragectories: major or minor influences? [=ICDHS 2014 - 9th Conference of the International Committee for Design History and Design Studies].
São Paulo: Blucher,
ISSN 2318-6968, DOI 10.5151/despro-icdhs2014-0047
últimos 30 dias | último ano | desde a publicação