Setembro 2014 vol. 1 num. 2 - V Encontro Científico de Física Aplicada
Artigo Completo - Open Access.
The combustion front propagation: thermo-chemical structure by temperature in the bed and gas analysis
Artigo Completo :
This paper analyzes the combustion front structure and the schemes of combustion in a co-current propagating process and the characteristics of the front propagation itself. For the experiments a fully instrumented reactor of reactive porous medium combustion with gas micro-sampling system was used. A new method to analyze the combustion front propagation based on the concentration of CO2 and O2 and in the bed temperatures was used. Therefore a thermo-chemical structure of the front propagation was developed. The size of the reaction zone obtained with the new method was 10.83 cm. Furthermore, there seems to be two basic schemes for the reaction process: in the early prevails oxygen-limited combustion and in the end reaction-limited combustion. Thus, the results are of great contribution to the knowledge of the combustion process in a reactor of reactive porous medium combustion.
Artigo Completo :
Palavras-chave: combustion front, thermo-chemical structure, gas analysis,
-  WANG JH; CHAO CYH; KONG W. Combustion and Flame v. 135 (4): p405-419, 2003.
-  SHIN D; CHOI S. Combustion and Flame v. 121 (1-2): p167-180, 200.
-  YANG YB et al. Fuel v. 83 p1553-1562, 2004.
-  MARTINS M. F. The structure of a combustion front propagating in a fixed bed of crushed oil shale: co-current configuration. Ph.D. thesis, University of Toulouse, Toulouse, 2008.
-  MONHOL et al. Advanced Materials Research, Issue 911, p373-377. 5p, 2014.
Monhol, F. A. F.; Martins, M. F.; "The combustion front propagation: thermo-chemical structure by temperature in the bed and gas analysis", p. 19-20 . In: Anais do V Encontro Científico de Física Aplicada [= Blucher Physics Proceedings, n.1, v.1].
São Paulo: Blucher,
ISSN 2358-2359, DOI 10.5151/phypro-ecfa-010
últimos 30 dias | último ano | desde a publicação