Dezembro 2014 vol. 1 num. 8 - XVIII Conference of the Iberoamerican Society of Digital Graphics - SIGraDi: Design in Freedom
Article - Open Access.
The BIM based Responsive Environmental Performance Design Methodology
The concept of “families” lies in the core of internal data structure in Building Information Modeling (BIM). The elements of this modeling platform are all associated with each other as parts of the “families”, independent of their geometrical structure, materiality, parametric depen- dencies or their physical connection to other elements. Through the associations introduced among the parameters of the ‘families’ members, this study aims at establishing a methodology for a multi-objective evaluation of the environmental performance of the building as an organism. The methodology is founded on a system of different values and weights attributed to the parameters of the families members which are adjusted and fine-tuned through a series of iterations, thus affecting the overall building performance towards an optimum goal. The performance evaluation method used in the “families” methodology is not limited to the individual assessment of the environmental performance objectives or to an integrated multi-objective weighting mechanism; as an overall evaluation platform it checks and balances the individual characteristics of the system not as static conclusive results but as dynamic criteria intended to guide the overall design and building process. The importance of this paper lies in the construction of a concrete methodological set of tools for the assessment of the environmental performance of the building. It will lead the way in independent research in the field of architectural design and the development of ecological thinking and building in China.
Palavras-chave: BIM ‘families’, Multi-Objective Generic Algorithm, Environmental Performance Simulation, Environmental Performance Assessment, Multi-Objective Environmental Performance Optimization,
-  Daniel Davis, Brady Peters. Design Ecosystems: Customizing the Design Envi- ronment with plugins [J] .Architectural Design (forthcoming), 2013.
-  EhsanAsadi, Manuel Gameiroda Silva, Carlos HenggelerAn- tunes et al. Multi- objective optimization for buildingretrofit strategies:A model and an application [J].Energy andbuild- ings,2012,44(Jan.):81-87.
-  Ralph Evins, Philip Pointer, Ravi Vaidyanathan et al. A case study exploring regulated energy use in domestic buildings using design- of-experiments and multiobjective optimization [J]. Building andenvironment,2012,54(Aug.): 126-136.
-  M. Fesanghary, S. Asadi, Zong Woo Geem et al. Design of low-emission and energy-efficient residential buildingsusing amulti-objective optimization algorithm[J].Building and environment,2012,47(Mar.):245-250.
-  EhsanAsadi,ManuelGameiro da Silva,CarlosHenggeler- Antunes et al. A multi- objective optimization model for building retrofit strategies using TRNSYS simulations, GenOpt and MATLAB[J].Building andenvironment, 2012,56(Oct.):370-378.
-  K.Pramod Reddy. BIM for Building Owners and Developers Making a Busi- ness Case for Using BIM on Projects[M]. Canada: John wileyAndamp;Sons, Inc, 2012.
-  R. Ramponi, B. Blocken. CFD simulation of cross-ventilation for a generic iso- lated building: Impact of computational parameters[J].Building and environment,2012,53(Jul.):34-48.
-  Brett Steele.O-14 Projection and Reception[M]. London: Architectural Asso- ciation,2012. Diseño
-  Youngsoo Jung, MiheeJoo. Building information modeling (BIM) framework for practical implementation[J]. Automation in construction,2011,20(2):126-133.
-  I-Tung Yang, Yi-Hung Hsieh. Reliability-based design op- timization with dis- crete design variables and non-smooth performance functions: AB-PSO algorithm[J].Automation in construction,2011,20(5):610-619.
-  Joana Carla Soares Goncalves. Erica Mitie Umakoshi. The En- vironmental Performance of Tall Buildings[M].London:Earth- scan,2010.
-  Sumi Lee, Doosam Song. Prediction and evaluation method of wind environ- ment in the early design stage using BIM- based CFD simulation [J]. IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering, 2010,10(1).
-  Penttil H, Peter M, Elger D. Evaluating VBE And BIM-Frame- works: A Cost Estimation Case Study and Reflections to Environmental Issues [J]. Helsinki University of Technology, Finland, 2009.
-  Yun Kyu Yi, Ali M. Malkawi. Optimizing building form for energy perfor- mance based on hierarchical geometry relation[J]. Automation in construction,2009,18(6):777-789.
-  Arno Schlueter, Frank Thesseling. Building Information Model Based Ener- gy/Exergy Performance Assessment In Early Design Stages[J]. Automation in Construction,2009,18(2):153-163.
-  Renaud Vanlande, Christophe Nicolle, Christophe Cruz et al. IFC and build- ing lifecycle management[J].Automation in Construction, 2008,18(1):70-78.
-  Feng YUAN1, a, Li HAN2, b and Yongheng HU, The BIM ‘families’ based Environmental Performance Design Research, Advanced Materials Research Vols. 779-780 (2013) pp 1643-1647
HU, YONGHENG; YUAN, FENG; LI, QINYING; LI, HAN; "The BIM based Responsive Environmental Performance Design Methodology", p. 120-125 . In: Proceedings of the XVIII Conference of the Iberoamerican Society of Digital Graphics: Design in Freedom [=Blucher Design Proceedings, v.1, n.8].
São Paulo: Blucher,
ISSN 2318-6968, DOI 10.5151/despro-sigradi2014-0020
últimos 30 dias | último ano | desde a publicação