Maio 2014 vol. 1 num. 2 - 6th Information Design International Conference
Full Article - Open Access.
Teaching information visualization by exploring their power in engaging users of social media applications
The paper describes a novel way of introducing methods and approaches of visualizing data to undergraduate students that was conducted during a seven-week module course at the College of Design Andamp; Innovation at Tongji University, Shanghai, China. It starts with a brief introduction to the rational and methodology used, followed by an examination of the four pedagogical phases that structured the course, including sample of student work. A discussion provides a critical view of the pros and cons of this pedagogical approach with directions for future curriculum.
Palavras-chave: nformation visualization,
-  CARD, Stuart K.; Mackinlay, Jock; Shneiderman, Ben (Eds.) (1999): Information Visualization: Using Vision to Think. San Francisco, CA: Morgan Kaufmann.
-  DUBBERLY, Hugh 2010. Creating Concept Maps. In: Concept Maps:
-  Andlt;http://www.dubberly.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/ddo_creating_concept_maps.pdfAndgt;
-  MEIRELLES, Isabel. 2011. Visualizing data: new pedagogical challenges. In Spinillo, Farias Andamp; Padovani (Eds). Selected Readings of the 4th Information Design International Conference: 73–83. São Paulo: SBDI, Brazilian Society of Information Design.
-  NORMAN, Donald A. 2011. Living with Complexity. Cambridge, MA: MIT Press.
-  SIMON, Herbert A. 199 The Sciences of the Artificial. Cambridge, MA: MIT Press.
-  TVERSKY, Barbara. 2001. Spatial Schemas in Depictions. In Meredith Gattis (Ed.) Spatial Schemas and Abstract Thought: 79–112. Cambridge, MA: MIT Press.
Meirelles, Isabel; Sun, Xiaohua; "Teaching information visualization by exploring their power in engaging users of social media applications", p. 379-389 . In: In Coutinho, Solange G.; Moura, Monica; Campello, Silvio Barreto; Cadena, Renata A.; Almeida, Swanne (orgs.). Proceedings of the 6th Information Design International Conference, 5th InfoDesign, 6th CONGIC [= Blucher Design Proceedings, num.2, vol.1].
São Paulo: Blucher,
ISSN 2318-6968, ISBN: 978-85-212-0824-2
últimos 30 dias | último ano | desde a publicação