Dezembro 2014 vol. 1 num. 7 - XVII Conference of the Iberoamerican Society of Digital Graphics - SIGraDi: Knowledge-based Design
Article - Open Access.
Symmetry Fields of Palladian Villas
In this paper we present the idea of symmetry fields and an analysis of them on Palladian villas. Symmetry fields describe the symmetry related to the localized experiential view of an individual. We propose that the amount of symmetry, whether it be reflective, rotational, or translational, can be computed along with several other measures of visual aesthetic. While many buildings are designed using symmetry about the plan, and are represented using a plan view, it is only accessible to the designer and cannot actually be experienced in the real world. The local symmetries produced are drastically different than those planned.
Palavras-chave: Measureable aesthetics, Palladian villas, Space syntax, Neuroaesthetics, Computational aesthetics,
-  Fechner, GT. (1871). Zur experimentellen Aesthetik [Toward an experimental aesthetic]. Leipzig: S. Hirzel.
-  Gibson, J.J. (1966). The Senses Considered as Perceptual Systems.
-  Howard, D Andamp; Longair, M. (1982). Harmonic Proportion and Palladio''s "Quattro Libri". Journal of the Society of Architectural Historians, 41(2), 116-14 doi: 10.2307/989675
-  Machado, P., Cardoso, A., Andamp; de Oliveira, F. M. (1998, 1998/01/01/). Computing aesthetics. Paper presented at the Advances in Artificial Intelligence. 14th Brazilian Symposium on Artificial Intelligence, SBIA''98. Proceedings, Place of Publication: Berlin, Germany; Porto Alegre, Brazil. Country of Publication: Germany.
-  Møller, A. P, Andamp; Thornhill, R. (1998). Bilateral Symmetry and Sexual Selection: A Meta-Analysis. The American Naturalist(2), 174. doi: 10.1086/286110
-  Ngo, C. L., Teo, L. S. Andamp; Byrne, J. G. (2003). Modelling interface aesthetics. Information Sciences, 152(0), 25-4 doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/S0020-0255(02)00404-8
-  Pajusalu, M. (2012). The Evaluation of User Interface Aesthetics. (Masters), Tallinn University.
-  Turner, A., Doxa, M., O''Sullivan, D., Andamp; Penn, A. (2001). From isovists to visibility graphs: a methodology for the analysis of architectural space. Environment and Planning B: Planning and Design, 28(1), 103- 121.
Swarts, Matthew; "Symmetry Fields of Palladian Villas", p. 99-102 . In: Proceedings of the XVII Conference of the Iberoamerican Society of Digital Graphics: Knowledge-based Design [=Blucher Design Proceedings, v.1, n.7].
São Paulo: Blucher,
ISSN 2318-6968, DOI 10.5151/despro-sigradi2013-0016
últimos 30 dias | último ano | desde a publicação