Dezembro 2016 vol. 3 num. 1 - VII Encontro Científico de Física Aplicada
Artigo - Open Access.
Study of the Reaction Rate for Reactive Binary Gaseous Mixtures
A binary gaseous mixture with reversible reaction of type A+A ⇄ B+B is studied with Boltzmann equation, assuming hard spheres cross sections for elastic collisions and step model for reactive interactions. The Chapman-Enskog method is used to obtain the solution of the Boltzmann equation in a chemical regime for which reactive interactions are of the same order as the elastic one, i.e. in the system is closed to the final stage of a chemical reaction where the affinity is considered to be a small quantity and the system tends to the chemical equilibrium. The internal degrees of freedom of the particles of the gas are not taken into account. The aim of this paper is to evaluate the approximation second of the forward reaction rate coefficient and global reaction rate. It was verified the reaction heat changes the reaction rate and these changes are great for slow activation energy.
-  I. Prigogine and E. Xhrouet, On the perturbation of Maxwell distribution function by chemical reaction in gases, Physica, Amsterdam,15: 913-932, 1949.
-  R. D. Present, Note on the simple collision theory of bimolecular reactions, Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 41: 415-417, 1995.
-  J. Ross and P. Mazur, Some deductions from a formal statistical mechanical theory of chemical kinetics, J. Chem. Phys. 35: 19-28, 1960.
-  B. D. Shizgal and M. Karplus, Nonequilibrium contributions to the rate of reactions I. Perturbation of the velocity distribution function, J. Chem. Phys. 52: 4262-4278, 1970.
-  A. W. Silva, G. M. Alves and G. M. Kremer, Transport phenomena in a reactive quaternary gas mixture, Physica A 374: 533-548, 2007.
-  A. S. Cukrowski, J. Popielawski, L. Qin and J. S. Dahler, A simplified theoretical analysis of nonequilibrium effects in bimolecular gas phase reactions, J. Chem. Phys., 97: 9086-9093, 1992.
-  W. Stiller, Arrhenius equation and a non equilibrium kinetics, Teubner, Leipzig, 1990
-  G. M. Kremer, An introduction to the Boltzmann equation and transport process in gases. Springer, Berlin, 2010.
-  J. C. Light, J. Ross and K. E. Shuler, In Kinetic Processes in Gases and Plasmas, edited by A. R. Hochstim. Academic, New York, p. 281-321, 196
-  B. Shizgal and A. Chikhaoui, On the use temperature parameterized rate coefficients in the estimation of nonequilibrium reaction rates, Physica A 365: 317-332, 1996.
SILVA, Adriano Willian da; MARTINS, Kayk Bueno; VILKEVICIUS, Luan Nogueira; "Study of the Reaction Rate for Reactive Binary Gaseous Mixtures", p. 53-58 . In: Anais do VII Encontro Científico de Física Aplicada [=Blucher Physics Proceedings, v.3 n.1].
São Paulo: Blucher,
ISSN 2358-2359, DOI 10.5151/phypro-vii-efa-014
últimos 30 dias | último ano | desde a publicação