dezembro 2014 vol. 1 num. 8 - XVIII Conference of the Iberoamerican Society of Digital Graphics - SIGraDi: Design in Freedom
Article - Open Access.
Sistemas de Automação Residencial Construindo Hábitos Sustentáveis nos Moradores
This paper presents the interface of a Brazilian house automation system, departing from an analogy of sailing race instruments. It aims to demonstrate the potential of automation systems on the house performance and, more important, on impacting households for a more sustainable behavior. Sailing instruments have positively influenced results on experienced sailors’ speed and ultimately have confirmed their observations on nature cycles. Our argument is that if research on race sailing instruments soon became available to other sailing boats, systems developed to the Solar Decathlon houses’ academic competition could, and should, be accessible to a great number of home owners.
Palavras-chave: Home Automation, supervisory interface, sustainability, sailing instruments, Solar Decathlon,
-  Bermudez, J. and Agutter, J. (2005). Arquitectura informática: desafio, respuesta y potencial. arquiteturarevista, 1(1), Retrie- ved from: Andlt;http://www.arquiteturarevista.unisinos.br/index. php?e=1Andamp;s=9Andamp;a=2Andgt; Accessed 18, OC-tober 2013).
-  Burry, J.; Aranda-Mena, G.; Alhadidi, S.; Leon, A.; Williams, M. (2013). Design Trade-off: Sailing as a vehicle for modelling dynamic trade-off design, in J. Burry, Designing the dynamic: High-performance sailing and real-time feedback in design, Melbourne Books, Melbourne, 17-23.
-  Darby, S. (2006). The Effectiveness of Feedback on Energy Con- sumption: A Review for DEFRA of the Literature on Metering Billing and Direct Displays, Rep. No. Environmental Change Institute, University of Oxford. Oxford.
-  Haeffner, M and Casalegno, F. (2009). How does a visual mo- nitoring system foster sustainable behavior?., International Journal of Instructional Technology and Distance Learning, 6(10), pp. 27–35
-  Janda, K. B. (2011). Buildings don’t use energy: people do, Archi- tectural Science Review, 54(1), 15–22.
-  Kotsopoulos, S, Casalegno, F, Ono, M and Graybill W. (2012). Window Panes Become Smart: How responsive materials and intelligent control will revolutionize the architecture of buildings, Proceedings of The First International Conference on Smart Systems, Devices and Technologies (SMART 2012), pp. 112–118.
-  Lamberts, R.; Ghisi, E.; Pereira, C.; Batista, J. (eds.). (2010). Casa eficiente : Bioclimatologia e desempenho térmico, UFSC/ ComputaCión LabEEE, Florianopolis.
-  Lynn G. and Gage M. F. (eds). (2011). Composites, Surfaces, and Software: high Performance Architecture, Yale School of Architecture, New Haven.
-  Murcutt, G. And Thompson, P. (2008). Transcripts from TV in- terview to ABC Talking Heads, Retrieved from: http://www. abc.net.au/tv/talkingheads/txt/s2256196.htmAndgt; Accessed 9, December 2013)
-  Ockam Instruments, Inc. (2013). Twelve Meter Yachts and their Sailing Instruments”. Retrieved from: Andlt;http://ockam.com/2013/02/23/twelve-meter-yachts/Andgt; Accessed 9, December 2013)
-  Orr, D. W. (1997). Architecture as pedagogy II, Conservation biology, 11(3), pp. 597–600.
-  Paetz, AG, Dütschke, E and Fichtner, W. (2012). Smart Homes as a Means to Sustainable Energy Consumption: A Study of Consumer Perceptions, Journal of Consumer Policy, 35(1), pp. 23–41.
-  Perez-Lombard, L, Ortiz, J, and Pout, C. (2008). A review on buildings energy consumption information’, Energy and buildings, 40(3), pp. 394–398.
-  Rohwedder, R. (2004). The Pedagogy of Place: The Environmental Technology Center at Sonoma State University, Higher Education and the Challenge of Sustainability, pp. 293–304. Springer Netherlands.
-  Schipper, L, Bartlett, S, Hawk, D, and Vine, E. (1989). Linking life-styles and energy use: a matter of time?, Annual review of energy, 14(1), 273–320.
-  Socolow, R.H. (1978). Saving energy in the home. Princeton’s Experiments at Twin Rivers, Cambridge, MA, Ballinger.
Kós, José Ripper; Miyamoto, James; Miranda, Felipe Ferraz de; "Sistemas de Automação Residencial Construindo Hábitos Sustentáveis nos Moradores", p. 567-571 . In: Proceedings of the XVIII Conference of the Iberoamerican Society of Digital Graphics: Design in Freedom [=Blucher Design Proceedings, v.1, n.8].
São Paulo: Blucher,
ISSN 2318-6968, DOI 10.5151/despro-sigradi2014-0117
últimos 30 dias | último ano | desde a publicação