Dezembro 2014 vol. 1 num. 7 - XVII Conference of the Iberoamerican Society of Digital Graphics - SIGraDi: Knowledge-based Design
Article - Open Access.
Simulacrum, Not Simulation: A Theoretical Approach to Simulation in Education
As the practice of architecture grows increasingly more infatuated with verisimilitude, the technical skills required to enable a morphogenetic design process become increasingly specific and extensive. While this model is not as problematic within the realm of practice, in a pedagogical environment the time and expertise requisite for conducting and evaluating comprehensive simulation is an impediment to developing fundamental design skills and mastery of a morphogenetic process. This paper promotes an approach of simulacra; a procedural acknowledgement of an imperfect simulation that serves to advance design aptitude and critical thinking, rather than the pretention of perfection or accuracy.
Palavras-chave: Simulation, Morphogenetic design, Computational design, Simulacrum, Performance,
-  Jeffreys, H. (1973). Scientific inference. Cambridge University Press.
-  Frazer, J. (1995). An evolutionary architecture.
-  Kolarevic, B. (2003). Digital morphogenesis. Architecture in the digital age: Design and manufacturing, 12-28.
-  Paulos, J.A. (2011). All Probability. The New York Times, BR1
-  Speaks, M. (2007). Intelligence After Theory. Perspecta 38, The Yale Architectural Journal, 103-106.
-  Skidmore Owings Andamp; Merrill (2013). Retrieved from: https://www.som.com/services/digital-design
-  Utos (2013). Retrieved from: http://utos.blogspot.com/2011/07/gh- plugin-to-visualize-vectorfields.html
-  Weinstock, M. and Stathopoulos, N.: 2006, Advanced simulation in design, Architectural Design, 76(2), 54-59.
-  Werner, B. (1995) Eolian dunes: Computer simulations and attractor interpretation, Geology, 23(12), 1107-1110.
-  Zeljic, Aleksandar S. (2010). Shanghai Tower Façade Design Process. International Conference of Building Envelope Systems. Retrieved from: http://www.gensler.com/uploads/documents/Shanghai_Tower_Faca de_Design_Process_11_10_2011.pdf
Webb, Alexander; "Simulacrum, Not Simulation: A Theoretical Approach to Simulation in Education", p. 369-372 . In: Proceedings of the XVII Conference of the Iberoamerican Society of Digital Graphics: Knowledge-based Design [=Blucher Design Proceedings, v.1, n.7].
São Paulo: Blucher,
ISSN 2318-6968, DOI 10.5151/despro-sigradi2013-0070
últimos 30 dias | último ano | desde a publicação