Dezembro 2020 vol. 8 num. 4 - XXIV International Conference of the Iberoamerican Society of Digital Graphics
Conference full papers - Open Access.
Conference full papers:
This paper presents a hybrid formwork fabrication method utilizing additive manufacturing with clay on top of curved foam surfaces robotically fabricated with hot wire. The primary focus of this study is to develop a relatively efficient and highly sustainable formwork manufacturing method capable of producing geometrically complex modular concrete building components. The method leverages fluidity and recyclability of clay to produce uniquely shaped, free-form parts of the mold, and reduces overall production time by using foam for shared mold support/enclosure. A Calibration and tool path generating method based on computational modeling to integrate the two systems are also subsequently developed.
Conference full papers:
Palavras-chave: Robotic fabrication, Hybrid formwork, Mass customization, Clay printing, Foam cutting,
-  Bell, B., Read, T., Ede, A., & Barnes, N. (2014). Casting non- repetitive Geometries with Digitally Reconfigurable Surfaces. Paper presented at the 34th Annual Conference of the Association for Computer Aided Design in Architecture (ACADIA), Los Angeles.
-  Brander, D., Bærentzen, J. A., Clausen, K., Fisker, A.-S., Graversen, J., Lund, M. N., . . . Søndergaard, A. (2016, 2016). Designing for hot-blade cutting: geometric approaches for high-speed manufacturing of doubly-curved architectural surfaces.
-  Carvalho, J. (2019). Free-form Ceramic Vault System-Taking ceramic additive manufacturing to real scale. Paper presented at the the 37th eCAADe and 23rd SIGraDi Conference.
-  Gardiner, J. B., & Janssen, S. R. (2014). FreeFab. In Robotic Fabrication in Architecture, Art and Design 2014 (pp. 131- 146): Springer.
-  Jovanovié, M., Rakovié, M., Tepavcevié, B., Borovac, B., & Nikolié,
-  M. (2017). Robotic fabrication of freeform foam structures with quadrilateral and puzzle shaped panels. Automation in Construction, 74, 28-38.
-  Jovanovic, M., Vucic, M., Stulic, R., & Petrovic, M. (2019). Design Guidelines for Zero Waste Manufacturing of Freeform EPS Facades.
-  Khabazi, Z., & Budig, M. (2016). Adaptive Fabrication-Cellular Concrete Casting Using Digital Moulds. Paper presented at the Complexity & Simplicity - the 34th eCAADe Conference.
-  Kontovourkis, O., Phocas, M. C., & Katsambas, C. (2019). Digital to physical development of a reconfigurable modular formwork for concrete casting and assembling of a shell structure. Automation in Construction, 106, 102855.
-  Martins, P. F., de Campos, P. F., Nunes, S., & Sousa, J. P. (2018, 2018). The Tectonics of Digitally Fabricated Concrete. A Case for Robotic Hot Wire Cutting.
-  Martins, P. F., & Sousa, J. P. (2014, 10-12 September 2014). Digital fabrication technology in concrete architecture. Paper presented at the the 32nd eCAADe Conference.
-  Paoletti, I. (2017). Mass customization with additive manufacturing: new perspectives for multi performative building components in architecture. Paper presented at the Procedia engineering.
-  Schipper, H. R. (2015). Double-curved precast concrete elements: Research into technical viability of the flexible mould method.
-  Schipper, H. R., & Grünewald, S. (2014, 2014). Efficient material use through smart flexible formwork method. Paper presented at the ECO-Crete: International Symposium on Environmentally Friendly Concrete, Reykjavik, Iceland.
-  Seibold, Z., Hinz, K., García del Castillo y López, J. L., Martínez Alonso, N., Mhatre, S., & Bechthold, M. (2018). Ceramic Morphologies. Precision and control in paste-based additive manufacturing. Paper presented at the ACADIA 2018: Recalibration - On imprecision and Infidelity.
-  Søndergaard, A., Feringa, J., Nørbjerg, T., Steenstrup, K., Brander, D., Graversen, J., . . . Hattel, J. (2016). Robotic hot- blade cutting. In Robotic Fabrication in Architecture, Art and Design 2016 (pp. 150-164): Springer.
-  Stavric, M., & Kaftan, M. (2012). Robotic fabrication of modular formwork for non-standard concrete structures. Paper presented at the Digital Physicality -the 30th eCAADe Conference.
-  Timothy, W., Ena, L., Lex, R., Norman, H., Fabio, G., Matthias, K.,
-  . . . Robert, F. (2016). Digital Concrete: Opportunities and Challenges. RILEM Technical Letters, 1(0). doi:10.21809/rilemtechlett.2016.16
-  Wang, S., Dritsas, S., Morel, P., & Ho, K. (2017). Clay robotics: A hybrid 3D printing casting process. In Challenges for Technology Innovation: An Agenda for the Future (pp. 83-88): CRC Press.
-  Wang, S., Xuereb Conti, Z., & Raspall, F. (2019). Optimization of Clay Mould for Concrete Casting Using Design of Experiments.
Xu, Weishun; Huang, Zixun; "Robotic Fabrication of Sustainable Hybrid Formwork with Clay and Foam for Concrete Casting", p. 377-383 . In: Congreso SIGraDi 2020.
São Paulo: Blucher,
ISSN 2318-6968, DOI 10.5151/sigradi2020-52
últimos 30 dias | último ano | desde a publicação