novembro 2016 vol. 3 num. 1 - XX Congreso de la Sociedad Iberoamericana de Gráfica Digital
Full Article - Open Access.
Praiseworthy Competition → ^ ← Past: Design-through-Production: from Analysis to Formulation
Parameters within a highly collaborative design-through-production process range from a very broad set of influences. To address the conundrum of selecting operational logics, we begin searching for form genesis with an examination and reproduction of the past in order to both restore and formulate a contemporary response to an existing ceiling within an iconic space, designed in 1964 by Alexander Girard in the atmosphere of significant architectural design influences radiating from Columbus, Indiana. Methods learned from analysis of original production are used, and synthesized as guiding principles in the design-through-production process of contemporary work.
Palavras-chave: Design-through-production; Digital fabrication, Columbus, Indiana, Design principles,
-  Barkow, F. (2008) Cut to Fit in Manufacturing Material Effects: Rethinking Design and Making in In Kolarevic, B., & Klinger, K. (Eds.) Manufacturing Material Effects: Rethinking Design and Making in Architecture. Milton Park, and New York, NY. Routledge.
-  Burry, M. (2011). Scripting Cultures: Architectural Design and Programming. West Sussex, UK: AD Primers, John Wiley and Sons, Ltd.
-  Gramazio, F., Kohler, M., Willmann J. (2014). The Robotic Touch: How Robots Change Architecture. Zurich: Park Books AG.
-  Herrera, Pablo C. and Benito Juarez, (2013). Fabrication Laboratories: Problems and possibilities of implementation in Latin America, Proceeding from the Fab 9 Research Stream. Yokohama, Japan.
-  Jacobs, J., (1961). Death and Life of Great American Cities. New York, NY: Random House.
-  Klinger, K. (2008). Relations: Information Exchange in Designing and Making Architecture. In Kolarevic, B., & Klinger, K. (Eds.) Manufacturing Material Effects: Rethinking Design and Making in Architecture. Milton Park, and New York, NY. Routledge.
-  Kolarevic, B, & Perlac, V. (2015). Towards an Architecture of Change. in Kolarevic, B, & Perlac, V. (Eds.), Building Dynamics: Exploring Architecture of Change. Milton Park, and New York, NY: Routledge.
-  Lange, A. (2016). Alexander Girard in Columbus. in Kries, M., Eisenbrand, J., Vitra Design Museum GmbH, Alexander Girard: A Designer’s Universe. Weil am Rhein: Vitra Design Museum.
-  Mumford, Lewis, (1964). The Highway and the City. New York, NY: New American Library
-  Saarinen, E. (1943) The City: Its Growth, Its Decay, Its Future, New York, NY: Reinhold Publishing Corporation.
Klinger, Kevin R. ; "Praiseworthy Competition → ^ ← Past: Design-through-Production: from Analysis to Formulation", p. 433-440 . In: XX Congreso de la Sociedad Iberoamericana de Gráfica Digital [=Blucher Design Proceedings, v.3 n.1].
São Paulo: Blucher,
ISSN 2318-6968, DOI 10.5151/despro-sigradi2016-816
últimos 30 dias | último ano | desde a publicação