Setembro 2015 vol. 2 num. 1 - XXIII Simpósio Internacional de Engenharia Automotiva
Artigo Completo - Open Access.
PISTON AND RING INITIAL DESIGN EVALUATION
In the last years, the automotive industries have intensified the use of numerical simulation tools in their developments, reducing the time and costs of projects and optimizing the components performance. However, the use of such tools as a step of product design workflow is not a regular practice due to the extensive computational time and the advanced level of expertise required. With the improvements of computational processing and the enhancement of simulation codes, the time necessary to run a simulation was reduced to minutes or even seconds. So, the most time-consuming activities are the input data processing and the evaluation of the simulation results. Taking this in consideration, the PRIDE code (Piston and Ring Initial Design Evaluation) was developed considering a customized interface for preliminary ring dynamic simulation, supporting pistons and rings initial design proposals. The main advantage of this approach is a higher robustness on pistons and rings initial designs, reducing the loops and interactions until the final design version. This paper presents the organization of the PRIDE code, illustrating results possible to be anticipated during design with this simulation.
-  TIAN, Tian., Modeling the Performance of Piston Ring Pack in IC Engines. USA: Ph.D.Thesis, the Department of Mechanical Engineering, MIT, June, 1997.
-  Tian, T., Noordzij L. B., Wong, V. W. and Heywood J. B., “Modeling Piston Ring Dynamics, Blow-by and Ring Twist Effects”, ASME 1996, ICE-Vol.27-2 Fall Technical Conference, 1996.
-  Gulwadi, S. D., “Analysis of Lubrication, Friction, Blow-by and Oil Consumption in a Piston Ring Pack”, presented at the ASME-ICE 1997 Spring Conference.
-  Furuhama, S. and Hiruma, M., “Piston Ring Motion and its Influence on Engine Tribology”, SAE paper 790860, 1979.
-  Zottin, W., “Simulação da Dinâmica de Anéis de um Pistão Utilizado em Motores de Combustão Interna”, Mechanical Engineering MSc Thesys, USP/POLI, São Paulo, 1993.
-  Zottin, W., Bacchin, P. and Garcia, A., "Numerical Simulation Study of Carbon Build-up and Oil Consumption in a Heavy Duty Diesel Engine," SAE Int. J. Engines 5(3):2012, doi: 10.4271/2012-01-132
-  Zottin, W., Clemente, M., and Villar C.A. "Heavy Duty Diesel Engine Lube Oil Consumption Simulation and Correlation with Engine Tests," ASME Fall ICE Meeting, 2000
-  Tian, T., Rabute, R., Wong, V. W., and Heywood, J. B., “Effects of Piston-Ring Dynamics on Ring/Groove Wear and Oil Consumption.” SAE Paper 970835.
-  Zottin, W. and Cucco, A.P.C.,”Application of Optimization Techniques in the Design of Engine Components”, SAE paper 2008-01-0219, USA, 2008.
-  Zottin, W. and Trindade, W and Clemente, M. and Bertoncini, R.B, and Almeida, G.M. “The Application of Virtual Engine in a PSA 1.4l SI Engine”, SAE paper 2010-36-153I, 20
Yamawaki, Marcio; Zottin, Walter; Pereira, Marcos Manoel Valverde; "PISTON AND RING INITIAL DESIGN EVALUATION", p. 260-269 . In: In Anais do XXIII Simpósio Internacional de Engenharia Automotica - SIMEA 2014 [=Blucher Engineering Proceedings]. São Paulo: Blucher, 2015. .
São Paulo: Blucher,
ISSN 2357-7592, DOI 10.5151/engpro-simea2015-PAP159
últimos 30 dias | último ano | desde a publicação