novembro 2016 vol. 3 num. 1 - XX Congreso de la Sociedad Iberoamericana de Gráfica Digital
Full Article - Open Access.
Pathways for Testing Environmental Building Performance
The research presented here reports on current advances in tying simulation and analysis of environmental building performance to design authoring software. A brief review of developments leading up to the convergence between design authoring and environmental performance testing helps to explain the current status-quo. Many of the applications available today are rooted in early research efforts that date back to the early days of Personal Computers (or even before). A small case study complements the historic review and offers some perspectives about tool selection in an educational design-studio setting.
Palavras-chave: Parametric Design; BIM; Environmental Analysis, Design Ontology,
-  Akbarnezhad, A., Ong, K. and Chandra, L. (2014). Economic and environmental assessment of deconstruction strategies using building information modelling, Automation in Construction, Vol. 37 (2014), 131–144.
-  Attia, S., Beltrán, L., De Herde, A. and Hensen, J. (2009). Architect Friendly: A Comparison of Ten Different Building Performance Simulation Tools, Proceedings of the 11th International IBPSA Conference, Glasgow, Scotland July 27-30, 204-211. Retrieved from http://www.ibpsa.org/proceedings/BS2009/BS09_0204_211.pdf,
-  Autodesk (2016). Ecotect Analysis Discontinuation FAQ. Retrieved from: https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/ecotect-analysis/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Ecotect-Analysis-Discontinuation-FAQ.html
-  Azhar, S. and Brown, J. (2009). BIM for Sustainability Analyses, International Journal of Construction Education & Research. Oct2009, 5 (4), 276-292.
-  Barnes, S. and Castro-Lacouture, D. (2009). BIM-enabled integrated
-  optimization tool for LEED decisions.
-  Proceedings of the 2009 ASCE International Workshop on Computing in Civil Engineering, 258–268.
-  Birdsall, B.E., Buhl, W.F., Ellington, K.L., Erdem, A.E. and Winkelmann, F.C. (1990) Overview of the DOE-2 building energy analysis program, version 2.1D. Lawrence Berkeley Laboratory report no. LBL-19735, Rev. 1, 1990.
-  Caldera, S, Gonzalo, S. and Loyola, M. (2013). Uso de Herramientas Paramétricas de Optimización Evolutiva y Simulación Energética en el Diseño Basado en Performance. SIGraDi 2013 [Proceedings of the 17th Conference of the Iberoamerican Society of Digital Graphics, Chile - Valparaíso 20 - 22 November 2013. 343 – 347.
-  EnergyPlus (2016), Retrieved from https://energyplus.net/ , last accessed 22 July 2016
-  food4Rhino (2016). Ladybug + Honeybee. Plug-In for: Urban Planning & City Modeling, Mechanical Design, Environmental Design, Architecture, Analysis & Simulation Grasshopper 0.9. Retrieved from: http://www.food4rhino.com/project/ladybug-honeybee?ufh
-  Gandhi, S. and Jupp, J. (2014). BIM and Australian green star building certification Computing in Civil and Building Engineering, ASCE (2014), 275–282.
-  Inyim,P., Rivera, J. and Zhu, Y. (2015). Integration of Building Information Modeling and Economic and Environmental Impact Analysis to Support Sustainable Building Design, J. Manage. Eng., 31 (2015) (SPECIAL ISSUE: Information and Communication Technology (ICT) in AEC Organizations: Assessment of Impact on Work Practices, Project Delivery, and Organizational Behavior, A4014002)
-  Jalaei, F. and Jrade, A. (2014). Integrating Building Information Modeling (BIM) and Energy Analysis Tools with Green Building Certification System, to Conceptually Design Sustainable Buildings, Journal of Information Technology in Construction, ITcon Vol. 19 (2014), 494–519.
-  Krygiel, E. and Nies, B. (2008). Green BIM: Successful Sustainable Design with Building Information Modeling, John Wiley & Sons
-  Kumar, S. (2008). Interoperability between Building Information Models (BIM) and Energy Analysis Programs, Faculty of the School of Architecture, University of Southern California – Thesis, Retrieved from http://digitallibrary.usc.edu/cdm/ref/collection/p15799coll127/id/64743
-  Kwok Wai Wong, J. and Zhou, J. (2015). Enhancing environmental sustainability over building life cycles through green BIM: A review, Automation in Construction, Volume 57, September 2015, 156–165.
-  Maver, T. W. (1979). Computing Utilities for Building Designers and Owners. Journal of the Institute of Housing, Vol .16, 12-13.
-  Maver, T. W. (1987). Computer Models for Energy Efficient Building Design” Proceedings of Symposium on Building Physics, Technical University of Eindhoven
-  Maver, T. W. and Petric, J. (1995). Information Technology in the Service of Sustainable Architecture and Urban Design, Proceedings of the Sixth International Conference on Computer-Aided Architectural Design Futures, Singapore, 24-26 September 1995, 181-185.
-  Papamichael, K., LaPorta, J. and Chauvet, H. (1997), Building Design Advisor: automated integration of multiple simulation tools, Automation in Construction 6 (4) (1997) 341-352.
-  Roberts, A. and March, A. (2001). ECOTECT: Environmental Prediction in Architectural Education. Architectural Information Management. Proceedings of the 19th eCAADe Conference Helsinki (Finland) 29-31 August 2001, 342-347.
-  Roudsari, M.S. and Pak, M. (2013). Ladybug: A parametric environmental plugin for grasshopper to help designers create an environmentally-conscious design. Proceedings of BS2013. 13th Conference of International Building Performance Simulation Association, Chambéry, France. 3128-3135
-  Rutten,D.(2010). Evolutionary Principles applied to Problem Solving. Advances in Architectural Geometry Conference. AAG10, Vienna (Austria)
-  Sefaira (2016). Sefaira Real-Time Analysis for SketchUp & Revit. Retrieved from: http://sefaira.com/sefaira-architecture/
Holzer, Dominik; "Pathways for Testing Environmental Building Performance", p. 748-753 . In: XX Congreso de la Sociedad Iberoamericana de Gráfica Digital [=Blucher Design Proceedings, v.3 n.1].
São Paulo: Blucher,
ISSN 2318-6968, DOI 10.5151/despro-sigradi2016-817
últimos 30 dias | último ano | desde a publicação