setembro 2018 vol. 1 num. 5 - XXII Congresso Brasileiro de Engenharia Química
Pôster - Open Access.
Optimization and energy harnessing of a waste-water treatment plant
The treatment of waste-water is a constant concern of the modern world, given the inherent enhancement of human-life quality and wellbeing through public health improvement. The present work aims at optimizing a state-of-art waste-water treatment plant model and to propose different co-generation process configurations with the purpose of recovering energy by means of burning the biogas produced by the plant and, consequently, reducing its overall operational costs. The optimization took into account disturbances of the waste-water treatment plant feed in order to meet environmental regulations. The results from the co-generation implementation show that a reduction of up to 73% of the electrical power consumption, and all of the heating required by this plant model.
-  JEPPSSON, U., ALEX, J., BENEDETTI, L., COPP, J., GERNAEY, K., NOPENS, I., PONS,
-  M., ROSEN, C., STEYER, J., AND VANROLLEGHEM, P. (2011). Benchmark simulation
-  model no 2 (BSM2).
-  LOPHAVEN, S., NIELSEN, H. B., AND SØNDERGAARD, J. (2002). Dace a matlab
-  kriging toolbox. Technical Report 2, University of Denmark, Denmark.
-  MCKAY, M. D., BECKMAN, R. J., AND CONOVER, W. J. (1979). A comparison of three
-  methods for selecting values of input variables in the analysis of output from a
-  computer code. Technometrics , 21(2):239–245.
-  PALMER, K. AND REALFF, M. (2002). Metamodeling approach to optimization of steadystate
-  flowsheet simulations. Chemical Engineering Research and Design, 80(7):760–772
-  SMITH, J. M., VAN NESS, H. C. AND ABBOTT, M. M. (2000). Introduction to chemical
-  engineering thermodynamics. 6 ed. New York: McGraw-Hill.
LIMA, F. S; ALVES, V. M. C; ANJOS, D. A; ALVES, J. J. N; ARAÚJO, A. C. B; , ; "Optimization and energy harnessing of a waste-water treatment plant", p. 3765-3768 . In: .
São Paulo: Blucher,
ISSN 2359-1757, DOI 10.5151/cobeq2018-PT.0990
últimos 30 dias | último ano | desde a publicação