Dezembro 2014 vol. 1 num. 7 - XVII Conference of the Iberoamerican Society of Digital Graphics - SIGraDi: Knowledge-based Design
Article - Open Access.
Object Interaction Query: A Context Awareness Tool for Evaluating BIM Components’ Interactions
During the creative process, designers constantly evaluate the relations between objects in space. BIM aids this process by providing a modeling platform where objects are embedded with information, which can be extracted on demand. The object Interaction Query (oIQ) proposes a novel way to query BIM models, not only for geometric properties and dimensions, but also about the relations among the components. By including the queried objects’ context and interrelations as part of the computation, the prototype tool is able to provide feedback on complex interactions and conflicts in the design environment. The oIQ approach and its implementation are developed as integral parts of the design process, allowing users to perform customized queries through a GUI in which users can apply their knowledge and design preferences to the model’s evaluation.
Palavras-chave: BIM, Object interaction, Context awareness, Rule-based system,
-  Borrmann, A., Rank. E. (2009a). Specification and implementation of directional operators in a 3D spatial query language for building information models. Advanced Engineering Informatics, 23 (1). 32–44.
-  Borrmann, A., Rank. E. (2009b). Topological analysis of 3D building models using a spatial query language. Advanced Engineering Informatics, 23. 370-385.
-  Borrmann, A. (2010). From GIS to BIM and back again – A spatial query language for 3D building models and 3D city models. Proceedings of the 5th International 3D GeoInfo Conference. International Archives of the Photogrammetry, Remote Sensing and Spatial Information Sciences, 38, 19-26.
-  Eastman, C. M. (2009). Automatic rule-based checking of building designs. Automation in Construction, 18 (8), 1011–1033.
-  Eastman, C. M., Jeong Y. S., Sacks, R., Kaner, I. (2010). Exchange model and exchange object concepts for implementation of national BIM standards. Journal of Computing in Civil Engineering, 24, (1), 25-34.
-  Ghang L., Sacks, R., Eastman, C. M. (2005). Specifying parametric building object behavior (BOB) for a Building Information Modeling system. Automation in Construction 15, 758-77
-  Lee J-K, Lee J., Jeong Y., Sheward, H., Sanguinetti, P., Abdelmohsen, S., Eastman, C. M. (2012). Development of space database for automated building design review systems. Automation in Construction, 24, 203-212.
-  Ozel, F. (2007). Pattern language and embedded knowledge in Building Information Modeling. Proceedings of eCAADe 25, 457-464.
-  Zhang S., Teizer, J., Lee J., Eastman, C. M., Venugopal, M. (2012). Building information modeling (BIM) and safety: Automatic safety checking of construction models and schedules. Automation in Construction. Manuscript submitted for publication.
Ogueta, Carolina Soto; Sweden, Moa Carlsson; "Object Interaction Query: A Context Awareness Tool for Evaluating BIM Components’ Interactions", p. 269-273 . In: Proceedings of the XVII Conference of the Iberoamerican Society of Digital Graphics: Knowledge-based Design [=Blucher Design Proceedings, v.1, n.7].
São Paulo: Blucher,
ISSN 2318-6968, DOI 10.5151/despro-sigradi2013-0050
últimos 30 dias | último ano | desde a publicação