Dezembro 2014 vol. 1 num. 5 - 9th Conference of the International Committee for Design History and Design Studies
Poster - Open Access.
New Routes for Art Nouveau in Aveiro and Ílhavo
In Aveiro exists a remarkable awareness about the heritage that falls within the spirit and characteristics of the Art Nouveau style. This is greatly due to the originality and diversity of interpretations that characterize it locally. In parallel, Aveiro also became one of the regions with the most significant collections in the country. Given their cultural and local importance, we propose to create a route that will improve the work that already exists through the furthering of knowledge on this topic and a cataloging, crossing and grouping of all the information about the artefacts which are scattered by these cities in order to make it easier to search and access their information. The research is at its beginning, and in a first phase it will be focused on the contents assigned to each of the artefacts. These will be methodically studied through an authorial interpretation (aesthetics) which will then reflect the evolution of the buildings (technology) and the relevance of its story (program) to the national heritage. Subsequently, the above-mentioned contents will be adapted for a mobile app, which is in its initial stage of development. Briefly, this poster presents a brief history of the manifestations of Art Nouveau in Aveiro and Ílhavo and proposes a new roadmap for these cities. This research will contribute to an understanding of the evolution of the building from its construction to the present day, its level of structural recovery or lack of it and also its rehabilitation. It will also contribute to knowledge about the buildings that maintained (or not) their unique design and technological characteristics. The diversity of the Art Nouveau heritage in this region is based on the personal and social nature that owners attributed to their artefacts, as well as the training and the artistic ability of its authors strongly influenced by personal temperament and technique sensitivity that make these artefacts authentic works of art that deserve to be studied.
Palavras-chave: Art Nouveau, Aveiro, Ílhavo, identity, mobile device,
-  Denis, Rafael Cardoso (2000) Uma Introdução à história do Design, São Paulo: Edgard Blucher Ltda.
-  Greenhalgh, Paul (2000) Art Nouveau 1890-1914, London: VAndamp;A Publications.
-  Neves, Amaro (1999) A “Arte Nova” em Aveiro e seu distrito, Aveiro: Câmara Municipal de Aveiro.
-  Neves, Amaro (1997) Da arte nova em Aveiro: o porquê da diversidade do estilo, Aveiro: Câmara Municipal de Aveiro.
-  Rodrigues, Manuel Pereira (1996) Os industriais da cerâmica: Aveiro, 1882- 1923, Análise Social, vol. XXXI, no. 2o, 3o, pp. 631-682.
-  Rogers, Y., Sharp, H. and Preece, J. (2011) Interaction Design: Beyond Human-Computer interaction, USA: Wiley.
-  Tidwell, Jenifer (2011) Designing Interfaces, Cambridge: O’Reilly Media.
Vieira, Filipa; Barbosa, Helena; "New Routes for Art Nouveau in Aveiro and Ílhavo", p. 50-51 . In: Tradition, Transition, Tragectories: major or minor influences? [=ICDHS 2014 - 9th Conference of the International Committee for Design History and Design Studies].
São Paulo: Blucher,
ISSN 2318-6968, DOI 10.5151/despro-icdhs2014-0125
últimos 30 dias | último ano | desde a publicação