Dezembro 2014 vol. 1 num. 5 - 9th Conference of the International Committee for Design History and Design Studies
Article - Open Access.
Museums of Web design – a look at the past for a contribution to the future
With the birth of the World Wide Web in the early nineties of the twentieth century a new artefact arose, the website, an object digital in nature, immaterial, code-based and code-dependent, accessed and experienced through hardware and software with short life spans, which render the website rapidly obsolete and easily replaced. An object nearly always short lived and that when it disappears leaves hardly any trace. This nature poses serious difficulties to the exhibition and preservation of a collection comprised of such artefacts, subject that only recently started to be addressed from a Museology design standpoint. Our research identified only two cases of web-based museums exhibiting artefacts of Web design they are digitalcraft.org and webmuseum.dk. A qualitative research based analysis aimed at observing and describing allowed the identification of issues and possible answers, essential in giving direction towards a future proposal for a Web design museum in the Portuguese context.
Palavras-chave: web design, museum, web-based exhibition, preservation,
-  Engholm, I. (2002) ‘Digital style history: the development of graphic design on the Internet’, Digital Creativity, vol. 13, no. 4, pp. 193-212.
-  Engholm, I. Andamp; Klastrup, L. (2010a) Websites as Artefacts: a New Model for Website Analysis, Available: http://www.re-ad.dk/dcdr/en/publications/websites-as-artefacts(db148840-5917-11df-9751-000ea68e967b).html, [Jan 2012].
-  Engholm, I. (2010b) ‘Research-based Online Presentation of Web Design History: The Case of webmuseum.dk’ in Brugger, Niels (ed.) Web History, Peter Lang.
-  Houstrup, I. (2009) ‘Webmuseum 2.0’, Design Research webzine [Electronic] no. 22 October 2009. Available: http://www.dcdr.dk/uk/Menu/Update/Webzine/Articles/Webmuseum+2.0 [30 March 2011].
-  Kerchove, D. (1998) Inteligência conectiva: A emergência da cibersociedade, Lisboa: Fundação para a Divulgação das Tecnologias de Informação.
-  Nori, F. (?) Management of meanings - annotations on the curatorial work realized by digitalcraft.org. Available: http://www.digitalcraft.org/index.php?artikel_id=552, [12 Dec 2012].
-  Nori, F. (2005) A Decade of Webdesign. Amsterdam, Available: http://www.digitalcraft.org/index.php?artikel_id=550, [14 Feb 2012].
-  digitalcraft’s archive webpages. Available: http://www.digitalcraft.org/index.php?artikel_id=312Andamp;PHPSESSID=6af210b34229965aa4b6d3ca0e92bfea, [15 Feb 2013].
Antunes, Sandra; Branco, Vasco; Barbosa, Helena; "Museums of Web design – a look at the past for a contribution to the future", p. 303-308 . In: Tradition, Transition, Tragectories: major or minor influences? [=ICDHS 2014 - 9th Conference of the International Committee for Design History and Design Studies].
São Paulo: Blucher,
ISSN 2318-6968, DOI 10.5151/despro-icdhs2014-0040
últimos 30 dias | último ano | desde a publicação