Dezembro 2014 vol. 1 num. 7 - XVII Conference of the Iberoamerican Society of Digital Graphics - SIGraDi: Knowledge-based Design
Article - Open Access.
Kinetic Forms of Knowledge for Design
The introduction of Kinetic design processes, particularly through computer aided programming of input and output relationships has created a unique territory for design. This new design territory offers architects a unique opportunity to rethink discreet typological design by fostering more active engagements and interventions with design. Unlike discrete-typological design thinking, which may be transmitted by books or lectures, these new Kinetic interactions with design are taught by example and are learned by doing, representing new emergent forms of design knowledge which allow us to reengage and reinvent the process of design.
Palavras-chave: Kinetic architecture, Personal fabrication, Action research, Constructivist learning theory, Computation,
-  Brockman, John. "Edge.org." Personal Fabrication. 26 Aug. 2013, Retrieved fromhttp://edge.org/conversation/personal-fabrication.
-  DeLanda, M. (2013); Ontological Commitments. Speculations: A Journal of Speculative Realism IV; ISSN:2327-803X, http://speculations- journal.org, 71-73.
-  Gershenfeld, N. (2005). FAB: The Coming Revolution on your Desktop- From Personal Computers to Personal Fabrication. New York: Basic Books.
-  Knippers, J. (2013). From Model Thinking to Process Design.Architectural Design, Special Issue: Computation Works: The Building of Algorithmic Thought; Volume 83, Issue 2, John Wiley Andamp; Sons, Ltd. 74– 81.
-  Mathews, J., Berrett, D., Andamp;Brillman, D. (2005, May 16). Other winning equations. Newsweek, 145(20), 58-59.
-  Moloney, J. (2011). Designing Kinetics For Architectural Facades: State Change. New York, NY: Routledge.
-  Roberts, D., (2010) Making Things Move: DIY Mechanisms for Inventors, Hobbyists, and Artists. New York, NY: McGraw-Hill Professional Publishing.
-  Smith, B., J. MacGregor, (2005), What is Collaborative Learning?Washington Center for Improving the Quality of Undergraduate Education, Retrieved from https://umdrive.memphis.edu/ggholson/public/collab.pdf
-  Warren, Janelle. "Integrating Technology into the classroom" Retrievedfrom http://jwar.edublogs.org
-  Wells, G., (1999), Dialogue Inquiry in Education: Building the legacy of Vygotsky, In C.D. Lee and P. Smagorinsky (Eds.) Vygotskian perspectives on literacy research, New York: Cambridge University Press, 51-85.
Gelpi, Nick; Vassigh, Shahin; "Kinetic Forms of Knowledge for Design", p. 510-514 . In: Proceedings of the XVII Conference of the Iberoamerican Society of Digital Graphics: Knowledge-based Design [=Blucher Design Proceedings, v.1, n.7].
São Paulo: Blucher,
ISSN 2318-6968, DOI 10.5151/despro-sigradi2013-0098
últimos 30 dias | último ano | desde a publicação