Dezembro 2014 vol. 1 num. 7 - XVII Conference of the Iberoamerican Society of Digital Graphics - SIGraDi: Knowledge-based Design
Article - Open Access.
Immersive Simulation of Architectural Spatial Experiences
The paper describes our research efforts seeking to assess the potential use of immersive simulation through virtual reality (VR) environments as a tool for aiding the design of architectural spatial experiences. By making use of a fully implemented HMD-based VR Environment in our school at Ball State University we conducted a controlled experiment with novice design students. After the evaluation of results of the experiment we have found evidence of the positive impact of the use of the system in design education. We will further investigate on the best practices to incorporate its pervasive use based on high-impact simplified methods.
Palavras-chave: Spatial experience, Immersive simulation, Head mounted display, Virtual reality, Design education,
-  Evans, G. Andamp; McCoy, J. (1998). When buildings don’t work: The role of architecture in human health. Journal of Environmental Psychology, 18, 85-94.
-  Leather, P., Beale, D., Santos, A., Watts, J., Andamp; Lee, L. (2003). Outcomes of Environmental Appraisal of Different Hospital Waiting Areas. Environment and Behavior 2003 35: 84
-  Leibrock, C. Andamp; Harris, D. (2011). Design Details for Health: Making the Most of Design’s Healing Potential. John Wiley Andamp; Sons.
-  Schubert, T., Regenbrecht, H., Andamp; Friedmann, F. (2000, March 27). Real and illusory interactions enhance presence in virtual environments. Retrieved from http://www.igroup.org/schubert/papers/regenbrecht_schubert_presence02.pdf
-  WorldViz: Vizard VR Software Toolkit: Build Interactive Virtual Reality Simulations Retrieved from http://www.worldviz.com/products/vizard
Ângulo, Antonieta; Velasco, Guillermo Vásquez de; "Immersive Simulation of Architectural Spatial Experiences", p. 495-499 . In: Proceedings of the XVII Conference of the Iberoamerican Society of Digital Graphics: Knowledge-based Design [=Blucher Design Proceedings, v.1, n.7].
São Paulo: Blucher,
ISSN 2318-6968, DOI 10.5151/despro-sigradi2013-0095
últimos 30 dias | último ano | desde a publicação