Dezembro 2014 vol. 1 num. 7 - XVII Conference of the Iberoamerican Society of Digital Graphics - SIGraDi: Knowledge-based Design
Article - Open Access.
How to Customize Architecture under Heavily Prescribed Design Conditions? Principles and Prospects for an Evolutionary System
Architectural design is a complex activity. The development of a building involves management of the diverse goals of a heterogeneous group of agents using no more than the discrete resources of a given setting. These variables can often conflict and result in rigid normative frameworks that can limit the capacity of a designer to respond with accuracy to diverse environmental factors. The main aim of this paper is to present the theoretical foundations of an evolutionary system to assist the customization of architecture under such prescribed design conditions.
Palavras-chave: Mass customization, Design computing, Information theory, Evolution, Prescription,
-  Bentley, P. J. (1999). An introduction to evolutionary design by computers. In P.J. Bentley (Ed.), Evolutionary Design by Computers (pp. 1-73). San Francisco, CA: Morgan Kaufmann Publishers.
-  Mitchell, W. J. (2009). Design worlds and fabrication machines. In B. Kolarevic (Ed.), Architecture in the digital age: Design and manufacturing (pp. 107-114). New York: Spon Press.
-  Mitchell, W. J. (2004). Beyond the ivory tower: Constructing complexity in the digital age. Science, 303, 1472-147
-  Mitchell, W. J. (2005). Constructing complexity. In B. Martens Andamp; A. Brown (Eds.), Proceeding of the Tenth International Conference on Computer Aided Architectural Design Futures (pp. 41-50). Vienna: Springer.
-  Mumford, L. (1930). Mass production and the modern house, Part I. The Architectural Record, 67, 13-20.
-  Pine II, B. J. (1993). Mass customization: The new frontier in business competition. Boston, MA: Harvard Business School Press.
-  Shannon, C. E. (1948). A mathematical theory of communication. Bell System Technical Journal, 27(3), 379-423.
-  Sharples, C., Holden, K., Andamp; Pasquarelli, G. (Eds.). (2002). Versioning: Evolutionary techniques in architecture. London: Academy Editions.
-  Simon, J. H. (1996). The sciences of the artificial; 3rd edition. Cambridge MA: The MIT Press.
Bunster, Victor; "How to Customize Architecture under Heavily Prescribed Design Conditions? Principles and Prospects for an Evolutionary System", p. 319-323 . In: Proceedings of the XVII Conference of the Iberoamerican Society of Digital Graphics: Knowledge-based Design [=Blucher Design Proceedings, v.1, n.7].
São Paulo: Blucher,
ISSN 2318-6968, DOI 10.5151/despro-sigradi2013-0060
últimos 30 dias | último ano | desde a publicação