Dezembro 2014 vol. 1 num. 7 - XVII Conference of the Iberoamerican Society of Digital Graphics - SIGraDi: Knowledge-based Design
Article - Open Access.
How Space Experimentation Can Inform Design: Immersive Virtual Reality as a Design Tool
Immersive virtual reality allows us to experience the space even before it’s constructed. In this way, the use of such an environment plays a decisive role in the design process in architecture. The spaces that architects design may now be evaluated in a real scale mode which enable the understanding of problems and/or opportunities that space bring to the buildings. The goal of this paper is to define the methodological framework for using an immersive virtual environment, namely CaveH, in an Architectural design process by exploring the use of real-time rendering. We intend that the developed software and infrastructure will be used in a very easy way as a valid design tool to any professional. Two 3d models were experiment along this research each one of them regarding to a different type of design problem.
Palavras-chave: Immersive virtual reality, Design, 3D modelling, Cave, Experience,
-  Azevedo, A. S. (2013). 3-D Sound Enhanced Presence in Virtual Environments. s.l., s.n.
-  Bastos, P., Dias, M. S., 2008. Experiência de realidade virtual iImersiva no ambiente CaveHollowspace do Lousal [3rd Human-Computer Interaction Conference Proceedings] Évora, Portugal
-  Costa, V. C.; Dias, J. M. S.; Pereira J. M. (2010): “Tecnologias CAVE- HOLLOWSPACE para a Mina do Lousal”; Instituto Superior Técnico, Lisbon, Portugal
-  Kieferle, J., Wossner, U., 2001. Showing the invisible: Seven rules for a new approach of using immersive virtual reality in architecture. Process [19th eCAADe Conference Proceedings] Helsinki, 29-31 August 2001, pp. 376-381
-  Kieferle, J. B. (2000): “Virtual space – new tasks for architects”; Universitat Stuttgart; Germany.
Moural, Ana; Eloy, Sara; Dias, Miguel Sales; Pedro, Tiago; "How Space Experimentation Can Inform Design: Immersive Virtual Reality as a Design Tool", p. 182-185 . In: Proceedings of the XVII Conference of the Iberoamerican Society of Digital Graphics: Knowledge-based Design [=Blucher Design Proceedings, v.1, n.7].
São Paulo: Blucher,
ISSN 2318-6968, DOI 10.5151/despro-sigradi2013-0033
últimos 30 dias | último ano | desde a publicação