Dezembro 2014 vol. 1 num. 8 - XVIII Conference of the Iberoamerican Society of Digital Graphics - SIGraDi: Design in Freedom
Article - Open Access.
Generico: A case study on performance-based design
The paper discusses a case study for a seating element that takes into account human factors as well as aspects of structural performance, material properties and production parameters within an integrative design approach. Generico is a prototype for a new way of design thinking, developed with a holistic approach. The design is based on the requirements of comfortable sitting and responds to load forces and ergonomic conditions. The Generico chair – resulting from an all-embracing line of thought, from design to production, is an ideal field of application for 3D-printing-technology as it allows for an optimal material distribution.
Palavras-chave: Human-centered design, Performance-based design, Generative design, Structural analysis, Additive manufacturing,
-  Burkhardt L., Höger H. (1995). Design ist unsichtbar/Design is invisible. Ostfildern: Verlag Hatje Cantz
-  Smythe, J. S. (ed.): 1990, Applications of Artificial Intelligence to Communication, CMP and Springer-Verlag, Berlin.
-  Gramzio F., Kohler M., (2007). Digital Materiality in Architecture. Baden: Lars Müller Publishers
-  Hemmerling M., (2013). Simple Complexities – A rule-based approach to architectural design, in: Proceedings of the 17th SIGraDI Conference, Valparaiso, Chile
-  Laarman, J., (2006). Bone chair: http://www.jorislaarman.com/ bone-furniture.html
-  Oxman N., 2010. Structuring Materiality in: AD Magazine - The New Structuralism, Hoboken (NJ): Wiley Andamp; Sons.
Hemmerling, Marco; Nether, Ulrich; "Generico: A case study on performance-based design", p. 126-129 . In: Proceedings of the XVIII Conference of the Iberoamerican Society of Digital Graphics: Design in Freedom [=Blucher Design Proceedings, v.1, n.8].
São Paulo: Blucher,
ISSN 2318-6968, DOI 10.5151/despro-sigradi2014-0021
últimos 30 dias | último ano | desde a publicação