Dezembro 2014 vol. 1 num. 7 - XVII Conference of the Iberoamerican Society of Digital Graphics - SIGraDi: Knowledge-based Design
Article - Open Access.
Gemming: Architectonics of Facets
This paper will articulate on how the intrinsic principles of gem making could be applied in architectural form finding. It will speculate that the technical accumulation of expertise and knowledge in this crafty technique could be implemented algorithmically. This robust and efficient process could provide solutions for architectural design problems. It will conclude that faceting, as we can observe it in jewelry making and lamp design, produces facets that are not just reacting to an underlying geometry, but also add expression and articulation to an object.
Palavras-chave: Planar facets, Tiffany lamps, Color, Digital design,
-  Cohen-Steiner, D., Alliez, P., and Desbrun, M. , Variational shape Approximation, ACM Transactions on Graphics, 23(3), Aug. 2004, pp. 905-914.
-  Glymph, J., Shelden, D., Ceccato, C., Mussel, J. and Schober, H. (2002). A Parametric Strategy for Freeform Glass Structures Using Quadrilateral Planar Facets, Thresholds - Design, Research, Education and Practice, in the Space Between the Physical and the Virtual ,Proceedings of the 2002 Annual Conference of the Association for Computer Aided Design In Architecture
-  Koch, R. (1975). Glass as Ornament: From Richardson to Wright, Record of the Art Museum, Princeton University, Vol. 34, No. 2, Aspects of the Artsand Crafts Movement in America (1975), pp. 28-35
-  Manahl, Markus; Milena Stavric, Albert Wiltsche (2012) Ornamental Discretisation of Free-form Surfaces, International Journal of Architectural Computing vol. 10 - no. 4, 595-612
-  Pottmann, H., Liu, Y., Wallner, J., Bobenko, A., Wang, W., (2007). Geometry of multi-layer freeform structures for architecture: efficient light transport in refractive objects, ACM Transactions on Graphics (TOG) v26 n3, 65-es
-  Spuybroek, L. (2011). Sympathy of things : Ruskin and the ecology of design. [Rotterdam] New York, NY: V2 Publishing : NAi Publishing.
-  Wenping, W.,Liu, Y., Yan, D., Ruotian, B., Sun, F., (2008). Hexagonal Meshes with Planar Faces, Technical Report, TR-2008-13, Department of Computer Science, The University of Hong Kong
-  Zimmer H., Campen M, Herkrath R and Kobbelt L, (2013), “Variational Tangent Plane Intersection for Planar Polygonal Meshing” in Advances in Architectural Geometry 2012, eds L Hesselgren, S Sharma, J Wallner, N Baldassini, P Bompas and J Raynaud, Springer Vienna, Vienna, pp.319-332.
Baerlecken, Daniel; Gokmen, Sabri; "Gemming: Architectonics of Facets", p. 225-229 . In: Proceedings of the XVII Conference of the Iberoamerican Society of Digital Graphics: Knowledge-based Design [=Blucher Design Proceedings, v.1, n.7].
São Paulo: Blucher,
ISSN 2318-6968, DOI 10.5151/despro-sigradi2013-0041
últimos 30 dias | último ano | desde a publicação