Dezembro 2014 vol. 1 num. 5 - 9th Conference of the International Committee for Design History and Design Studies
Article - Open Access.
From centralisation to local policies: design reform dynamics in Belgium and the creation of Antwerp’s Higher Institute (1830-1914)
From the country’s unity until World War I, the Belgian Government launched several initiatives resulting in the longed-for project of creating national unity and consciousness through artistic instruction. The aim was to heal the rift between fine arts and applied arts, directing the latter to industrial production. Antwerp’s Academy, thanks to its strategic role as one of Belgium’s most important educational institutions, was consequently involved in this project, with its goal of bringing “good taste” to all social classes – and aiding in the economic, politic and cultural progression of the country.
Palavras-chave: design education, Belgian design reform, design policies,
-  Archief van de Koninklijke Academie voor Schone Kunsten, Antwerpen.
-  Exposition des Académies et des écoles de dessin et Congrès de l’enseignement des arts du dessin (1869) Bruxelles: Lelong.
-  Conseil de perfectionnement de l’enseignement des arts du dessin. Session de 1874 (1874) Bruxelles: Gobbaerts.
-  Exposition des arts industriels. Bruxelles 187 Catalogue officiel (1874) Bruxelles: Vanderauwera.
-  Fumière, T. (1880) Les arts décoratifs à l’exposition du Cinquantenaire belge, Bruxelles.
-  Prina, D. N. (2010), ‘Design in Belgium before Art Nouveau: art, industry, and the reform of artistic education in the second half of the nineteenth century’, Journal of Design History, vol. 23(4), pp. 329-350.
Prina, Daniela N.; "From centralisation to local policies: design reform dynamics in Belgium and the creation of Antwerp’s Higher Institute (1830-1914)", p. 557-562 . In: Tradition, Transition, Tragectories: major or minor influences? [=ICDHS 2014 - 9th Conference of the International Committee for Design History and Design Studies].
São Paulo: Blucher,
ISSN 2318-6968, DOI 10.5151/despro-icdhs2014-0080
últimos 30 dias | último ano | desde a publicação