Dezembro 2014 vol. 1 num. 5 - 9th Conference of the International Committee for Design History and Design Studies
Poster - Open Access.
Emergence of FROGS (French design Researchers Oncoming Group Structuration)
This text underlines the actual rise and structuring of a Francophone design researchers community. It identifies some insights to understand the evolving French and French speaking context of design research. Most of institutions in the international design research society come from English speaking countries. And while some researchers from non English speaking countries belong to their own robust design community, French researchers are not massively present in the research community. They neither do not have a strong team corpus. Firstly, this text exposes three main hypothetic reasons for this weak participation: the organisation of postgraduate studies in design in France, a link with the unclear recognition for professional designers and the global national research structure. Based on these three observed states of things, next chapter presents the evolution of the global situation especially in France and details positive trends detected for each context. As a conclusion the text emphases how it is certainly time for new opportunities for people already involved in the discipline to be part of this structuring and rise within the international community.
Palavras-chave: design research community, international design society, non-English speaking countries, history of design research,
-  Bayazit N. (2004). Investigating Design: A Review of Forty Years of Design Research. Design Issues, Vol. 20(1), pp. 16-29.
-  Borja de Mozota B., Findeli A., Schambach G. (2006). in: Communiqué pour les Ateliers de la Recherche en Design, ed. Université de Nîmes.
-  Cadix A. (2013). Pour une politique nationale du design, Mission design.
-  Cross N. (2007). Editorial: Forty Years of Design Research, Design Studies, Vol. 28(1), pp.1-
-  Findeli A. (2007). Introduction, in: Les Ateliers de la Recherche en Design 2, ed. Université de Nîmes.
-  Frayling C. (1993). Research in Art and Design in: Royal College of Art research papers, Vol. 1(1), pp.1-5.
-  Gasparski, W. (1995 b). ‘On Design Methodology as Seen from Neither an English nor a German Speaking Country.’ in: A. Collen and Gasparski, W. (Ed.), Praxiology: The International Annual of Practical Philosophy and Methodology, Vol. 3, pp. 83–91. New Jersey: Transaction Publishers.
-  Hatchuel A., Weil B. (2008). Les nouveaux régimes de la conception, ed. Vuibert.
-  Jonas W. (2012). Mapping design research, BIRD, ed. Birkhauser.
-  Koskinen I., Zimmerman J., Binder T., Redstrôm J., Wensveen S. (2011). Design research through practice: from the Lab, Field and Showroom. ed. Waltham, USA. Morgan Kaufmann publishers.
-  Margolin V. (). Design Research: Towards a History, University of Illinois, Chicago.
-  Margolin V. (2000). Building a Design Research Community, in: Design Plus Research: Proceedings of the Politecnico di Milano Conference, May 18-20, 2000, ed. Pizzocaro,S., Arruda A. and De Moraes D., Politecnico di Milano.
-  Ministère de la culture et de la communication, (2005). Vers un doctorat en architecture, éd. MCC.
-  Moholy-Nagy L. (1947), in: Vision in Motion, Chica
Ciprian, Nathalie; "Emergence of FROGS (French design Researchers Oncoming Group Structuration)", p. 66-67 . In: Tradition, Transition, Tragectories: major or minor influences? [=ICDHS 2014 - 9th Conference of the International Committee for Design History and Design Studies].
São Paulo: Blucher,
ISSN 2318-6968, DOI 10.5151/despro-icdhs2014-0133
últimos 30 dias | último ano | desde a publicação