Maio 2014 vol. 1 num. 2 - 6th Information Design International Conference
Full Article - Open Access.
Document design in project management: semantic and pragmatic analysis of models of project reports
To achieve success in a project various stakeholders - project manager, sponsor (sponsor) and other stakeholders with decision-making power - need to make decisions the right ones possible. However, it is known that the quality of the decision is strongly linked to the quality of information used in decision making. Neglecting the form of reports may represent an increased understanding of wanting to be reported and significantly increase the chances of failure of a project. The purpose of this article is to discuss the relationship between document design, project reports and management action taken with regard to the format, information and objectives of the document and the process of its preparation. Many project reports were analyzed. Sought to observe the semantics of text and image, as well as the pragmatic aspect regarding the textual presentation. As a result it was observed that the formats adopted in the reports may have significant influence on the speed of decision making and that the language in the context where it is produced and written often differs from what is required for decision making. Although often the report contains the information demanded (content), their form has not been prepared considering the user-reader. The results obtained in the analysis of the reports and the factors mentioned above point to the need for further research and reflection on the theme as well as the possibility of developing guidelines or references to assist professional project management non-designers in reporting project
Palavras-chave: Design de documentos, comunicação em projetos, relatórios de status, Document design,
-  EWEJE, John; TURNER, Rodney; MÜLLER, Ralf. Maximizing strategic value from megaprojects: The influence of information-feed on decision-making by the project manager. International Journal of Project Management, Volume 30, Issue 6, August 2012, Pages 639-65
-  KENDALL, G. I., Andamp; ROLLINS, S. C. (2003). Advanced project portfolio management and the PMO: multiplying ROI at warp speed. J. Ross Publishing.
-  O''BRIEN, J. A. (2004). Sistemas de informação e as decisões gerenciais na era da internet. Saraiva.
-  PROJECT MANAGEMENT INSTITUTE (PMI). (2013a). A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge: PMBOK® Guide. Newtown Square, PA: Author.
-  PROJECT MANAGEMENT INSTITUTE (PMI). (2013b). The standard for portfolio management (3rd ed.). Newtown Square, PA: Author.
-  PROJECT MANAGEMENT INSTITUTE (PMI). (2013c). The standard for program management (3rd ed.). Newtown Square, PA: Author.
-  SCHRIVER, K. A. (1997). Dynamics in document design: creating texts for readers. New York: J. Wiley.
-  TUFTE, E. R. (2001). The visual display of quantitative information. Vol. 2. Cheshire, CT: Graphics Press.
-  TWYMAN, M. L. (1979). A schema for the study of graphic language. In: Processing of visible language. Editado por Paul A. Kolers, Merald E. Wrolstad Andamp; Herman Bouma. Nova York Andamp; Londres: Plenum Press, vol.1, pp.117-150.
-  USA. State Of Minnesota. Aaa. Project Portfolio Management (PPM): Monthly Status Reporting Procedure. Andlt;http://mn.gov/oet/images/PPM_Monthly_Status_Reporting_Procedure.pdfAndgt;. 02/07/2013.
-  VARGAS, R. (2011a). COMO ELABORAR RELATÓRIOS GERENCIAIS: PARTE 1 DE 2. Disponível em: Andlt;http://www.ricardo-vargas.com/pt/podcasts/status-report-1-2/Andgt;. 02/072013
-  VARGAS, R. (2011b). COMO ELABORAR RELATÓRIOS GERENCIAIS: PARTE 2 DE 2. Disponível em: Andlt;http://www.ricardo-vargas.com/pt/podcasts/status-report-2-2/Andgt;. 02/07/2013
Silva, Claudio Henrique da; Ferenhof, Helio; Spinillo, Carla Galvão; Selig, Paulo Mauricio; "Document design in project management: semantic and pragmatic analysis of models of project reports", p. 268-275 . In: In Coutinho, Solange G.; Moura, Monica; Campello, Silvio Barreto; Cadena, Renata A.; Almeida, Swanne (orgs.). Proceedings of the 6th Information Design International Conference, 5th InfoDesign, 6th CONGIC [= Blucher Design Proceedings, num.2, vol.1].
São Paulo: Blucher,
ISSN 2318-6968, ISBN: 978-85-212-0824-2
últimos 30 dias | último ano | desde a publicação