dezembro 2014 vol. 1 num. 5 - 9th Conference of the International Committee for Design History and Design Studies
Poster - Open Access.
Devoted to the Modern Movement. Pierre-Louis Flouquet: editor, critic and mediator of design and architecture in Belgium
From 1932 to 1967, Pierre-Louis Flouquet was a key figure of the architectural and design debate in Belgium. Although not an architect but a poet and painter, he is the writer of several thousands articles and the founder and editor of seven magazines as well as the author of several books. His work has been used as source for research on many distinct subjects, but despite of his substantial production, his contribution to the design debate has hardly had any thorough critical attention. We believe that the quality of his substantial body of work is a fundamental source for the historiography of Belgian architecture and design, but also for the general knowledge of the Modern Movement, and particularly the medias role in diffusing its ideas. On the basis of his considerable publications as well as his archives, this PhD intends to analyse the entire production of this multidisciplinary
Palavras-chave: modern Movement, design, architecture, magazines,
-  GREENHALGH, P. (2005), The Modern Ideal: The Rise and Collaps of Idealism in the Visual Arts from the Enlightment to Postmodernism, London: VAndamp;A Publications.
-  GOYENS DE HEUSCH, S. (1993) Pierre-Louis Flouquet. 1900-1967, Brussels: Fondation pour l’art belge contemporain.
-  VANLAETHEM, F., in VAN LOO, A. (ed.) (2003) Dictionnaire de l’architecture en Belgique, Brussels: Fonds Mercator, p. 143-144, 172-173, 186, 41
-  VANLAETHEM, F. (1986) Mouvement moderne en Belgique, 1919-1939, Montreal: Thèse à l’Université de Montréal.
-  See FLORE, F. on K.N. Elno and VAN GERREWEY, C. on Geert Bekaert.
-  WHITELEY, N. (2002) Reyner Banham. Historian of the Immediate Future, Cambridge: The MIT Press.
Lund, Irene Amanti; "Devoted to the Modern Movement. Pierre-Louis Flouquet: editor, critic and mediator of design and architecture in Belgium", p. 26-27 . In: Tradition, Transition, Tragectories: major or minor influences? [=ICDHS 2014 - 9th Conference of the International Committee for Design History and Design Studies].
São Paulo: Blucher,
ISSN 2318-6968, DOI 10.5151/despro-icdhs2014-0113
últimos 30 dias | último ano | desde a publicação