Novembro 2016 vol. 3 num. 1 - XX Congreso de la Sociedad Iberoamericana de Gráfica Digital
Full Article - Open Access.
Controlled Transformations: A method to introduce first year architecture students to digital and parametric design thinking
The disciplinary aspects of architectural design have been most substantially transformed by digital technologies in the last two decades. Whereas an increasing number of graduate and postgraduate programs have been able to articulate a consistent pedagogic framework that incorporates the particularities and capabilities of the digital world, this task has proved to be much more difficult in the case of undergraduate studies. This paper investigates and evaluates the implementation of a design methodology which was applied during the first term of an undergraduate architectural course in an EU university. This paper will also discuss the practical implications and suitability of its implementation within the context of the first year of our course.
Palavras-chave: Physical; digital; modeling; design steps; process,
-  Agkathidis, A. H. (2015). Generative Design Methods. Proceedings of eCAADe 2015,Vienna, 47-55.
-  Van Berkel, B. , Bos, C. (1999) Move (3-vol set). Imagination/Techniques/Effects, Amsterdam: Groos Press
-  Van Berkel, B. , Bos, C. (2006) UNstudio design models, New York: Rizzoli
-  Deleuze, G. (1994), Difference and repetition, New York: Columbia University Press
-  Di Mari, A., You, N., (2013) Operative Design,Amsterdam: BIS Publishers
-  Eisenman, P. ( 2004), Eisenman Inside Out: Selected Writings 1963–1988 (Theoretical Perspectives in Architectural History & Criticism), Yale: Yale University Press
-  Eisenman, P. (1999), Diagram Diaries, New York: Universe Architecture Series
-  Jackson, P., (2011) Folding techniques for designers, London: Lawrence King Publishers
-  Paredes Maldonado, M 2014 'Digital Recipes: A diagrammatic approach to digital design methodologies in undergraduate architecture studios', Proceedings of eCAADe 2014, Newcastle, 333-342
-  Oxman, R and Oxman, R (eds) (2013), Theories of the Digital in Architecture, London: Routledge
-  Yi-Luen-Do, E., Gross, M., (2001),Thinking with diagrams in architectural design, Artificial Intelligence Review 15: 135-149, Dordrecht: Kluwer Academic Publishers
Vamvakidis, Gerasimos Simos; "Controlled Transformations: A method to introduce first year architecture students to digital and parametric design thinking", p. 170-174 . In: XX Congreso de la Sociedad Iberoamericana de Gráfica Digital [=Blucher Design Proceedings, v.3 n.1].
São Paulo: Blucher,
ISSN 2318-6968, DOI 10.5151/despro-sigradi2016-364
últimos 30 dias | último ano | desde a publicação