Dezembro 2020 vol. 8 num. 4 - XXIV International Conference of the Iberoamerican Society of Digital Graphics
Conference full papers - Open Access.
Codes in Architecture
Codes in Architecture
Conference full papers:
The design, development and writing software for computers has transformed from a niche technology into a means of production. Although computation, information technologies, and digitality have become part of the architectural design process, they are not considered as part of a code itself. By looking into history it can be shown that in architecture codes are already present in different forms. The codes found are used to mark the related periods and to point towards a future form of architectural code with computation involved.
Conference full papers:
Palavras-chave: Architectural Code, Coding, Cartesian Architecture, Gothic: Renaissance,
-  Alberti, L. B. (1988). On the Art of Building in Ten Books, trans. Joseph Rykwert, Neil Leach, and Robert Tavernor. Cambridge, Mass.: MIT Press, 1, 25.
-  Belesky, P., Monacella, R. Burry, M. and Burry, J. (2015). A field in flux: exploring the application of computational design techniques to landscape architectural design problems. In ACADIA 2015 (pp. 194-201).
-  Beesley, P. (2016). Epiphyte Chamber: Responsive Architecture and Dissipative Design. The Routledge Companion to Bio- logy in Art and Architecture. New York: Routledge, 188-196.
-  Billinghurst, M. (2017). The coming age of empathic computing.
-  Bork, R. (2014). Dynamic unfolding and the conventions of procedure: Geometric proportioning strategies in Gothic architectural design. Architectural Histories, 2(1).
-  Bork, R. (2005). Plan B and the geometry of Façade Design at Strasbourg Cathedral, 1250-1350. The Journal of the Society of Architectural Historians, 64(4), 442-473.
-  Chandra, V. (2014). Geek sublime: The beauty of code, the code of beauty. Graywolf Press.
-  Davis, G. B. and Olson, M. H. (1985). Management information systems – Conceptual Foundations, Structure, and Development (2nd ed.). New York: McGraw-Hill
-  d’Estrée Sterk, T. (2003). Using actuated tensegrity structures to produce a responsive architecture.
-  Evans, R. (2000). The projective cast: architecture and its three geometries. MIT press.
-  El Ahmar, S., & Fioravanti, A. (2015). Biomimetic-Computational Design for Double Facades in Hot Climates. Proceedings of eCAADe 2015.
-  Goodyear, W. H. (1907). The Widening Refinement in Rheims Cathedral. Privately printed for the author.
-  Ham, J., Woessner, U., Kieferle, J., & Harvey, L. (2019). Exploring the Affordances and Musico-Spatial Performance Opportunities of a Virtual Drumming Environment.
-  Harvey, J. (1972). The mediaeval architect. London: Wayland. Herbert, D. M. (1993). Architectural study drawings. New York: Van Nostrand Reinhold.
-  Holton, A. (2006). The working space of the Medieval Master Mason: the tracing houses of York Minster and Wells Cathedral. In Proceedings of the Second International Congress on Construction History (Vol. 2, pp. 1579-1597). Cambridge: Construction History Society.
-  Houghton Mifflin Company. (2006). More Word Histories and Mysteries: From Aardvark to Zombie. Houghton Mifflin Harcourt.
-  Hoppe, S. (2018). Translating the Past: Local Romanesque Architecture in Germany and its Fifteenth-Century Reinterpretation. In The Quest for an Appropriate Past in Literature, Art and Architecture (pp. 511-585). Brill.
-  Janson, H. W., & Janson, A. F. (2004). History of art: the Western tradition. Prentice Hall Professional.
-  Kruft, H. W. (1994). History of architectural theory. Princeton Architectural Press.
-  Marcus, A. & Kudless, A. (2018). Drawing Codes. Experimental protocols of architectural representation. ACADIA, 46-55.
-  Menges, A. (Ed.). (2012). Material computation: Higher integration in morphogenetic design. John Wiley & Sons.
-  Mindrup, M. (2019). The Architectural Model: Histories of the Miniature and the Prototype, the Exemplar and the Muse. MIT Press.
-  Palladio, A. (2002). The four books on architecture. Cambridge, MA (MIT Press).
-  Shea, R. H. (2020/2015). Historian uses lasers to unlock mysteries of Gothic cathedrals. National Geographic Magazine. Retrieved from: https://www.nationalgeographic. com/news/2015/06/150622-andrew-tallon-notre-dame- cathedral-laser-scan-art-history-medieval-gothic/
-  Smith, K. (2018). Descartes’ Theory of Ideas. in Edward N. Zalta (ed.). The Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy (Winter 2018 Edition) Retrieved from: https://plato.stanford.edu/archives/ win2018/entries/descartes-ideas.
-  Sprecher, A., & Leblanc, F. (2013). Dissipative Architecture: The Informed Nature of Atopia. Journal of Architectural Education, 67(1), 27-30.
-  Tallon, A. (2013). An Architecture of Perfection. Journal of the Society of Architectural Historians, 72(4), 530-554.
-  Tallon, A. (2014). Divining Proportions in the Information Age.Architectural Histories, 2(1).
-  Tallon, A. (2015). The Play of Daniel in the Cathedral of Beauvais. In Resounding Images: Medieval Intersections of Art, Music, and Sound (pp. 205-220).
-  The Linux Information Project (LINFO). Source Code Definition. Retrieved from : http://www.linfo.org/source_code.html.
Lonsing, Werner; "Codes in Architecture", p. 635-642 . In: Congreso SIGraDi 2020.
São Paulo: Blucher,
ISSN 2318-6968, DOI 10.5151/sigradi2020-88
últimos 30 dias | último ano | desde a publicação