Maio 2014 vol. 1 num. 2 - 6th Information Design International Conference
Full Article - Open Access.
An Exhibition on Social Mobility in Mexico
This paper describes an information design process of an itinerant exhibition on Social Mobility in Mexico. The process involves the participation of an interdisciplinary team that put together creative and thoughtful insights into an interactive and didactic presentation of complex information. The design process included research and analysis of information from various sources and different disciplines, concept and visualisation, testing concepts, design project and production. Testing visitors understanding of the concepts and recall was also included in the process. The exhibition is based on a series of graphs that transformed data into clear and simple information for non-specialists. These graphs were designed for a web site. However, the NGO responsible for the statistical study on Social Mobility wished to disseminate these topics into another level. The purpose is to convey relevant information regarding intergenerational social mobility, and the relation between education and income level to young people throughout the country. Teachers and parents, as well as policy makers, are also considered as possible indirect visitors. The exhibition is designed to promote awareness of these issues and generate a different attitude of young students to break vicious cycles of poverty and inequality. The exhibition will be inaugurated on the last week on August 2013.
Palavras-chave: Social mobility,
-  BONSIEPE, G. (2012) Conversation with Gui Bonsiepe in La Plata, Argentina.
-  CENTRO DE ESTUDIOS ESPINOSA YGLESIAS, A.C. 2013. Informe. Movilidad social en México 2013. Imagina tu futuro. Mexico: Editorial CEEY.
-  EHSES, H. 2009. Design on a Rhetorical Footing. Puebla: CEAD.
-  FALK, J.H. 2009. Identity and the Museum Visitor Experience. California: Left Coast Press.
-  GONZÁLEZ DE COSSÍO, M. 2009. Social Mobility in Mexico. Graphs that help in understanding the relation between education and socioeconomic level. Information Design Journal, v. 17, n.3: 246-260.
-  HUGHES, P. 2010. Exhibition Design. London: Laurence King Publishing.
-  KOSSLYN, S.M. 2006. Graph design for the eye and mind. New York: Oxford University Press.
-  MILES, R.S. (comp). 2001. The Design of Educational Exhibits. London: Routledge, Taylor Andamp; Francis.
-  SERRANO, J. Andamp; TORCHE, F. 2008 ¿Nos movemos? La movilidad social en México. México: Fundacion ESRU.
-  SHAH, P., MAYER, R.E. Andamp; HEGARTY, M. 1999. Graphs as aids to knowledge construction: Signaling techniques for guiding the process of graph comprehension. Journal of Educational Psychology, v. 91, n.4: 690-702.
-  SIMON, N. 2010. The Participatory Museum. California: Museum 20.
Cossío, María González de; "An Exhibition on Social Mobility in Mexico", p. 398-407 . In: In Coutinho, Solange G.; Moura, Monica; Campello, Silvio Barreto; Cadena, Renata A.; Almeida, Swanne (orgs.). Proceedings of the 6th Information Design International Conference, 5th InfoDesign, 6th CONGIC [= Blucher Design Proceedings, num.2, vol.1].
São Paulo: Blucher,
ISSN 2318-6968, ISBN: 978-85-212-0824-2
últimos 30 dias | último ano | desde a publicação