Setembro 2016 vol. 8 num. 2 - The 10th Conference of the International Committee for Design History & Design Studies
Article - Open Access.
A study of the agricultural design in the U.S. aid period (1951–1965)
This paper aims to discuss the propaganda for the general people in the early agricultural society in the U.S. Aid period (1951-1965). The text adopted was the agriculture publications by Joint Commission on Rural Reconstruction (JCRR), Harvest Farm Magazine and Four-H Association, etc., which were funded by U.S. Aid. The era between 1950-1960 saw the stable growth of agricultural economy. The peasants’ levels of education during this time were improved along with the improvement of economy. From the investigation of Taiwan’s early agricultural society from the publications concerning agricultural education, the project would discover that, while the government strengthened its promotion of the knowledge of how to farm and raise, propaganda became the common graphic medium for promoting and spreading agricultural education through cartoon and illustration.
Palavras-chave: Taiwan, U.S. Aid period, agriculture design, visual culture,
-  Yuan, Y. S. (1998) The Taiwanese economy prior to and after retrocession. Taipei: Linking Publishing.
-  Huang, C. J. (1991) Records of Sino-American Joint Commission on Rural Reconstruction. Taipei: San Min Book co..
-  Taiwan Provincial Government, Department of Accounting and Statistics (1971) Summary of statistics for Taiwan Province. Nantou County: Nantou Chung-hsing New Village.
-  Liu, Z. W. (2012) Anecdotes of unforgettable moments in US aid to Taiwan. Taipei: AND Books.
-  Lai, Y. Z. (1993) Research on the development of Taiwanese periodicals from the Japanese colonial period to 1992. National Chengchi University Graduate School of Journalism M.A. Thesis.
-  Han, S. H. (2006) Land Reform from 1949 to 1953. Taichung: Shakespeare Cultural Publications.
-  Tsai, S. S. (2015) The Peasant Movement And Land Reform In Taiwan, 1924-1951. U. S.: Merwinasia.
SUN, Chu-Yu; "A study of the agricultural design in the U.S. aid period (1951–1965)", p. 50-52 . In: Wong, Wendy Siuyi; Kikuchi, Yuko & Lin, Tingyi (Eds.). Making Trans/National Contemporary Design History [=ICDHS 2016 – 10th Conference of the International Committee for Design History & Design Studies].
São Paulo: Blucher,
ISSN 2318-6968, DOI 10.5151/despro-icdhs2016-01_010
últimos 30 dias | último ano | desde a publicação