Dezembro 2014 vol. 1 num. 7 - XVII Conference of the Iberoamerican Society of Digital Graphics - SIGraDi: Knowledge-based Design
Article - Open Access.
A Process-Centric Approach for Teaching Digital Fabrication
New generation of fabrication machines, such as 3-D printers, do not use “real” materials nor processes generally used in building construction, and so further exacerbate the disconnect between laboratory-based prototyping and full-scale building construction techniques. This research critically reviews the results of a graduate fabrication course from a process-centric standpoint. Students in the course create specification for fabrication and assembly activities through a diagrammatic language that integrates several types of construction knowledge such as design, material properties, machine constraints, and assembly guidelines. This document presents the foundations of the methodology, and discussed the results based on two criteria: Process Modeling and CAD/CAM workflow.
Palavras-chave: Process model, CNC, Fabrication, Parametric modeling, CAM,
-  Cavieres, A. Gentry, R. Al-Haddad, T (2011). Knowledge-based parametric tools for concrete masonry walls: Conceptual design and preliminary structural analysis, Automation in Construction, Volume 20, Issue 6, Pages 716-728
-  Lyon, E. (2007). Component based design and digital manufacturing cm: a design for manufacturing model for curved surfaces fabrication using three axes computer numerical controlled router. Ph.D. dissertation, Georgia Institute of Technology.
-  Murata, T (1989). Petri nets: properties, analysis and applications Proc. IEEE, 77 (4) pp. 541–580
-  Bucciarelli, L. L. (1988). "Ethnographic perspective on engineering design." Design Studies 9(3): 159-168.
-  Ghang Lee, Rafael Sacks, Charles M. Eastman (2006). Specifying parametric building object behavior (BOB) for a building information modeling system, Automation in Construction, Volume 15, Issue 6, Pages 758- 776,
-  Celani, G. (2012). "Digital Fabrication Laboratories: Pedagogy and Impacts on Architectural Education." Nexus Network Journal 14(3): 469-482.
-  Motte, D. (2008). A review of the fundamentals of systematic engineering design process models. 10th International Design Conference, DESIGN 2008, May 19, 2008 - May 22, 2008, Dubrovnik, Croatia, The Design Society.
-  Conway, A. P. and W. J. Ion (2013). "Enhancing the design dialogue: An architecture to document engineering design activities." Journal of Engineering Design 24(2): 140-164
Valdes, Francisco; Cavieres, Andres; Gentry, Russell; "A Process-Centric Approach for Teaching Digital Fabrication", p. 400-404 . In: Proceedings of the XVII Conference of the Iberoamerican Society of Digital Graphics: Knowledge-based Design [=Blucher Design Proceedings, v.1, n.7].
São Paulo: Blucher,
ISSN 2318-6968, DOI 10.5151/despro-sigradi2013-0076
últimos 30 dias | último ano | desde a publicação