Dezembro 2020 vol. 8 num. 4 - XXIV International Conference of the Iberoamerican Society of Digital Graphics
Conference full papers - Open Access.
Marshall, Tyrone ; Bernal, Marcelo ; Brossy de Dios, Eric ; Rezaee, Roya ; Okhoya, Victor ; Ahn, Nunggu ; Haymaker, John ;
Conference full papers:
There is a lack of impactful tools or guidance for assessing water consumption or where there can be considerable savings from water capture. While there are many online calculators, spreadsheets, and models for considering predicted building water use, none of them introduce learning through motivation in the process. Gamification has been recognized in the literature to support motivation using design elements to promote behavior change and performance to a specific activity. The authors propose the use of simple design elements within an modified building performance methodology that can drive awareness and inform the decision-making process relative to the program.
Conference full papers:
Palavras-chave: Gamification, Motivation, Rainwater Harvesting, Water Conservation Measures, Water Use Intensity,
-  Brears, R. C. (2020). Developing the Circular Water Economy. In
-  R. C. Brears (Ed.), Palgrave Studies in Climate Resilient Societies (1 ed., pp. 221). doi:10.1007/978-3-030- 32575-6
-  Chen Yujiao, Samuelson, H. W., & Tong, Z. (2016). Integrated design workflow and a new tool for urban rainwater management. Journal of Environmental Management, 180, 45-51.
-  Green Building Initiative. (2020). Water Consumption Calculator V.
-  1.3. Retrieved from https://thegbi.org/training/user- resources/downloads/
-  Haymaker, J. R., Bernal, M., Marshall, M. T., Okhoya, V., Szilasi, A., Rezaee, R., . . . Welle, B. R. (2018). DESIGN SPACE CONSTRUCTION: A FRAMEWORK TO SUPPORT COLLABORATIVE, PA R A M E T R I C DECISION MAKING. Journal of Information Technology in Construction, 23, 157-178.
-  Micheel, I., Novak, J., Fraternali, P., Baroffio, G., Castelletti, A., & Rizzoli, A.-E. (2015). Visualizing and Gamifying Water and Energy Consumption for Behavior Change. Paper presented at the Fostering Smart Energy Applications, Bamberg, Germany.
-  Robert McNeel & Associates. (2020). Rhinoceros Version 6,.
-  Seattle, WA, USA: Robert McNeel & Associates,.
-  Sailer, M., Hense, J., Mandl, H., & Klevers, M. (2013). Psychological Perspectives on Motivation through Gamification. Interaction Design and Architecture(s) Journal, 19, 28-37.
-  Sailer, M., Hense, J. U., Mayr, S. K., & Mandl, H. (2017). How gamification motivates: An experimental study of the effects of specific game design elements on psychological need satisfaction. Computers in Human Behavior, 69, 371-380.
-  doi:https://doi.org/10.1016/j.chb.2016.033 Texas A&M University. (2019). Rainwater Harvesting.
-  Young, E. S. J., & Sharpe, W. E. (2016). Rainwater Cisterns: Design, Construction, and Treatment.
Marshall, Tyrone; Bernal, Marcelo; Brossy de Dios, Eric; Rezaee, Roya; Okhoya, Victor; Ahn, Nunggu; Haymaker, John; "Motivation-Based Performance Design in Early Predicted Building Water Use", p. 246-253 . In: Congreso SIGraDi 2020.
São Paulo: Blucher,
ISSN 2318-6968, DOI 10.5151/sigradi2020-34
últimos 30 dias | último ano | desde a publicação