Novembro 2019 vol. 2 num. 6 - 12º Congresso Brasileiro de Inovação e Gestão de Desenvolvimento de Produto
PRODUCT INNOVATION PROCESS: A MODEL BASED ON MANUFACTURING READINESS LEVEL (MRL), DESIGN FOR MANUFACTURING AND ASSEMBLY (DFMA) AND TECHNOLOGY READINESS LEVEL (TRL)
The product development process is important for industrial competitiveness. Many companies have been reorganizing from a sequential to an integrated path known as simultaneous engineering, whose objective is to reduce development time and costs. This paper proposes a model to improve the use of simultaneous engineering by integrating project and manufacturing knowledge areas based on concepts of Manufacturing Readiness Level, Design for Manufacturing and Assembly and Technology Readiness Level. Based on a bibliographic review and a preliminary study conducted over one year in a multinational metalworking company, a model was proposed that is a systematic approach composed of a sequence of activities and tools to be applied in the early stages of product development. To evaluate this model, a workshop involving professionals who work in the product development was held. The results show an integration of proposed engineering areas into a product development process, reflected by a product cost reduction of 20% and manufacturing investments of 25%, which are mainly related to a 33% reduction in number of parts and to changes in the concepts of joints and in the component manufacturing process. The effectiveness of the model was also proven as a working tool and a reference model.
Palavras-chave: MRL, DFMA, TRL, Product Innovation,
-  ARAÚJO, C.S., MOCKZYDLOWER, D. Uma abordagem para estruturação integrada de projetos de inovação tecnológica pré-competitiva. Junho-Julho 2017. Mundopm.com.br. EMBRAER- Empresa Brasileira de Aeronáutica, pgs 42- 47, Brasil.
-  BOOTHROYD, Geoffrey; DEWURST, Peter; KNIGHT, Wiston A, Design for Manufacturing and Assembly –Third Edition .CRC Press, New York, 2011.
-  COOPER, R. G. Third-Generation New Product Processes.Journal of Product Innovation Management, v.11, p.3-14,1994. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/0737-6782(94)90115-5.
-  EHRS, Mikael, Is the Automotive Industry Using Design-for-Assembly Anymore?, Ph.D. dissertation, Industrial Management 27- Acta Wasaensia 273- University of Vaasa .Vaasa, Finland, 2012.
-  ESQUILANDER, Stephan. Design for Automatic Assembly: A Method for product design : DFA2. Doctoral Thesis, Department of Production Engineering- Royal Institute of Technology , Stockholm, Sweden, 2001.
-  HADDAD, H. G., BACKAR, S.H., EL-KADEEM, R.A.,DARDIRY, M.A. Dynamic View of Product Development Process. First International Conference on Innovative Engineering Systems, 10.1109/ICIES.2012.6530872, Alexandria, Egito, 2012.
-  INTHAMOUSSU, E.M.R. Sistemática para a integração do planejamento do produto com o planejamento do projeto: Enfoque no desenvolvimento de tecnologias para eletrodomésticos. 2015. Dissertação (Mestrado) - Programa de Pós-graduação em Engenharia Mecânica, Engenharia Mecânica, Universidade Federal de Santa Catarina, Florianópolis.
-  KARNIEL, A., REICH, Y. Formalizing a Workflow-Net Implementation of Design-Structure-Matrix-Based Process Planning for New Product Development. IEEE transactions on systems, man ,and cybernetics —part A: systems and humans, VOL. 47, No. 3, , 0.1109/TSMCA.2010.2091954, Tel Aviv, Israel, 2011..
-  LUCAS ENGINEERING SYSTEMS LTD, Design for Manufacture and assembly Practitioners Manual. Version 10, University of Hull, England, 1993.
-  MANKINS, J.C. Technology readiness assessments: A retrospective, Acta Astronautica 65 1216–1223, 2009.
-  MARXT, C. HACKLIN, F. ROTHLISBERGER, C. e SCHAFFNER, T. End-to-End Innovation: Extending the Stage-Gate Model into a Sustainable Collaboration Framework. In: M. Xie, T. S. Durrani, H. K. Chang (Eds.), Proceedings of the IEEE International Engineering Management Conference, Vol. 3, pp. 963-967, Singapore, 2004.
-  OSD Manufacturing Technology Program. Manufacturing Readiness Level (MRL) Deskbook. Washington DC, 2011.
-  STIENSTRA, David, 2016, Introduction to Design for (Cost Effective) Assembly and Manufacturing, Accessed: 04.2016 [ online ]. Available: https://www.rose-hulman.edu/~stienstr/ME470/DFA.ppt.
Ferreira, Cristiano Vasconcellos; Biesek, Fernando Luiz; Scalice, Regis Kovacs; , ; "PRODUCT INNOVATION PROCESS: A MODEL BASED ON MANUFACTURING READINESS LEVEL (MRL), DESIGN FOR MANUFACTURING AND ASSEMBLY (DFMA) AND TECHNOLOGY READINESS LEVEL (TRL)", p. 475-489 . In: Anais do 12º Congresso Brasileiro de Inovação e Gestão de Desenvolvimento de Produto.
São Paulo: Blucher,
ISSN 2357-7592, DOI 10.5151/cbgdp2019-36
últimos 30 dias | último ano | desde a publicação