Maio 2014 vol. 1 num. 1 - 10th World Congress on Computational Mechanics
Full Article - Open Access.
TOWARDS MICROSTRUCTURE BASED TISSUE PERFUSION RECONSTRUCTION FROM CT USING MULTISCALE MODELING
The paper deals with modeling of blood perfusion and simulation of dynamic CT investigation. The flow can be characterized at several scales for which different models are used. We focus on two levels: flow in larger branching vessels is described using a simple “1D” model based of the Bernoulli equation. This model is coupled through point sources/sinks with a “0D” model describing multicompartment flows in tissue parenchyma. We propose also a model of homogenized layer which can better reflect arrangement of the microvessels; the homogenization approach will be used to describe flows in the parenchyma by a two-scale model which provides the effective parameters dependent on the microstructure. The research is motivated by modeling liver perfusion which should enable an improved analysis of CT scans. For this purpose we describe a dynamic transport of the contrast fluid at levels of the “1D” and “0D” models, so that time-space distribution of the so-called tissue density can be computed and compared with the measured data obtained form the CT.
Palavras-chave: Tissue perfusion, Multicompartment flow model, Porous materials, Dynamic transport equations, Homogenization.,
-  R. Cimrman and et al. Software, finite element code and applications. SfePy home page., 201 http://sfepy.org.
-  R. Cimrman and E. Rohan. On modelling the parallel diffusion flow in deforming porous media. Math. and Computers in Simulation, 76:34–43, 2007.
-  D. Cioranescu, A. Damlamian, and G. Griso. The periodic unfolding method in homogenization. SIAM Journal on Mathematical Analysis, 40(4):1585–1620, 2008.
-  C. D’Angelo. Multiscale 1D-3D models for tissue perfusion and applications. In Proc. of the 8th.World Congress on Computational Mechanics (WCCM8), 2008. Venice, Italy.
-  L. Formaggia, A. Quarteroni, and A. Veneziani. Cardiovascular Mathematics: Modeling and Simulation of the Circulatory System. Springer, 2009.
-  T.S. Koh, C.K.M. Tan, L.H.D. Cheong, and C.C.T. Lim. Cerebral perfusion mapping using a robust and efficient method for deconvolution analysis of dynamic contrastenhanced images. NeuroImage, 32:643–653, 200
-  R. Materne, B. E. Van Beers, A. M. Smith, I. Leconte, J. Jamart, J.-P. Dehoux, A. Keyeux, and Y. Horsmans. Non-invasive quantification of liver perfusion with dynamic computed tomography and a dual-input one-compartmental model. Clinical Science, 99:517–525, 2000.
-  E. Rohan. Homogenization approach to the multi-compartment model of perfusion. Proc. Appl. Math. Mech., 6:79–82, 2006.
-  E. Rohan. Homogenization of the perfusion problem in a layered double-porous medium with hierarchical structure. 2010. Submitted.
-  E. Rohan and R. Cimrman. Two-scale modelling of tissue perfusion problem using homogenization of dual prous media. Int. Jour. for Multiscale Comput. Engrg., 8:81– 102, 20
-  E. Rohan and R. Cimrman. Multiscale FE simulation of diffusion-deformation processes in homogenized dual-porous media. Math. Comp. Simul., 20 In Press.
-  E. Rohan and V. Luke?s. Modeling tissue perfusion using a homogenized model with layer-wise decomposition. In F. Breitenecker I. Troch, editor, Proc. of the MATHMOD 2012 Conf. TU Vienna, 20
-  E. Rohan, S. Naili, R. Cimrman, and T. Lemaire. Multiscale modeling of a fluid saturated medium with double porosity: Relevance to the compact bone. Jour. Mech. Phys. Solids, 60:857—881, 2012.
-  R.E. Showalter and D.B. Visarraga. Double-diffusion models from a highly heterogeneous medium. Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, 295:191–210, 2004.
Rohan, E.; Lukes, V.; Jonásová, A.; Bublık, O.; "TOWARDS MICROSTRUCTURE BASED TISSUE PERFUSION RECONSTRUCTION FROM CT USING MULTISCALE MODELING", p. 4041-4058 . In: In Proceedings of the 10th World Congress on Computational Mechanics [= Blucher Mechanical Engineering Proceedings, v. 1, n. 1].
São Paulo: Blucher,
ISSN 2358-0828, DOI 10.5151/meceng-wccm2012-19687
últimos 30 dias | último ano | desde a publicação